PDA

View Full Version : Heat

picframer
08-17-2009, 03:04 PM
Man I don;t know how you guys in the south and mid west handle these high temps working, in F it's 103 this afternoon, been this way since last Thursday, it's brutal, we drink lits but the energy just isn't there, I even notive running the excavator I am done by 2 in the afternoon.....something else to put us behind:)

kdexpd
08-17-2009, 11:19 PM
Hey Andy
Well, I have to say that the heat definately sucks, but here in Missouri the humidity is what will get ya the worst. It will take the breath right out of you. When it gets super hot, like 98 or 100 with 50% and above humidity, I just work later in the evening. Most of my customers are older and smarter than me and won't let me work at their account until the temps drop a bit. It bugs me, because it puts me behind in my schedule, but all in all it's a better decision. The grass is still gonna be there the next day, or the day after. Atleast with just straight heat, you can find shade to get out of it, but with humidity as high as it gets around here, there's no where to hide except in your house in the a/c. Some people would probably argue with me on this one, but I think humidity is worse than just plain heat. With humidity, you sweat by the bucket fulls and your body doesn't have a way to cool itself as quickly as you would with a breeze on a hot day, and you dehydrate FAST. Atleast with heat, your sweat has a chance to evaporate and do its natural job of cooling ya.

MikeO
08-17-2009, 11:29 PM
You have to drink more martini's Andy:D

CHEESE2009
08-18-2009, 04:58 AM
You have to drink more martini's Andy:D

LMFAO scotch on the rocks was my idea for tomorrow.

I just want this week to end, it's such a pain in the arse!

Talking to customers loaded is nothing new to me.... The worst is when I go out collecting pay...

Customer: Ok, one second I'll go get your money.

Phone call from customer: Scott I went to get your money & you left as I went inside my house.

Scott: Oh, well I didn't make it too far, I'm around the corner, see you in a second.

That's how my winter was like.

picframer
08-18-2009, 05:45 AM
We are lucky on that front as the humidity doesn't generally get above 35%, we are trying to change the schedule as this won't last and do jobs next to the Ocean, you always get a cool breeze, but for now we are starting at 7, stop at 1 then maybe do some light stuff after supper.

Generally speaking we get four or five days a year like this where the heat just kills you, the rest of the time it will hit the high 70's which is fine for working.

MikeO
08-19-2009, 11:37 PM
i get sick and tired i have no energy in the heat. when its rainy or winter i can go all day and night. I don't know what it is i have tried more vitamins better diet nothing works end of september i feel the difference its really wild.

Little's
08-20-2009, 12:38 AM
115 degrees today. 0 humidity. But here it feels like your skin is lifting right off your arms and neck. Serious frying. Done by noon. Couple more weeks til it starts to cool.