PDA

View Full Version : Pics of the most Compacted Trailer Set Up

majoe7
08-16-2009, 10:54 PM
This is one of my trailer's (Carry-On 4x6) I use when I have small lawns or jobs to do. It is compact and great to tow around in my area without using a lot of gas. Everything has its place. Other LCO comment on it and say you can get a lot done with that set up. I use my 16' trailer when I have to lug my Chopper and John Deere around together. Everything on my 16' trailer is in double along with a pole saw, hedge trimmer, hand held blower, tool box and line string. I'll post some of those pics next time I get some on my phone, now that I know how to do it after several months.

John

Breeze - Can that be a competition? Who has the most compacted Set - Up or Trailer?

turfmaster
08-16-2009, 11:16 PM
Wow, I've got to admit that is the most compacted trailer set up I have ever seen!!

Steve
08-17-2009, 12:55 AM
That is fantastic! I'd bet you would have no trouble towing that even with a car!

What made you think about getting a small trailer like that? Usually in the lawn care business, it's like an arms race. Who has the biggest, the best. And here you are towing this smaller, functional trailer. What was the thought process behind it?

swampfox
08-17-2009, 09:12 PM
Might want to check into some heavier ply tires. Curb side looks a little flat.
I've been pulling a 12' with my Ranger because I thought I had to, guess I was wrong. Good looking rig!

lawncrafter56
08-17-2009, 10:00 PM
Heck yes! I love it!

majoe7
08-17-2009, 11:12 PM
What made you think about getting a small trailer like that? What was the thought process behind it?

Thanks everyone . :)

Steve,

I was just like everyone else just starting up in the lawn care biz. I started with a John Deere push mower, Ryobi multi unit (line trim., blower and edger) all in one, rake and a shovel. All this went in the back of the truck. After some time I bought a Troy Bilt Tractor (used it for 2 years) and that is when I needed this trailer. I bought the tractor from Lowe’s and needed a way to get it home so I purchased the trailer. LOL :eek: That day they had a deal for 20 % off lawn and garden, I saved almost the same amount the trailer was, so it was like getting the trailer for free. After doing some upgrades to the equipment (Echo line trimmer and edger) Stihl (hand held blower) I purchased the Chopper. I needed something commercial grade that could still get into the door gate openings (36"). After a lengthy research I thought that the Chopper was the best made, great warranty and great local service dept. Then I realized that I only had at the time was my 4x6 trailer. I measured the mower Silver Eagle LT34 and knew that this was the only one I could get to fit into this trailer with out having to buy another one. When ever I put something on the trailer I just seemed to fit perfectly. Everything had a place. That is how it looks now. I also have a 16' trailer and everything is in double plus I tow around my Chopper and JD to larger job sites. It cost a lot more in fuel to lug the bigger one around so I mainly use the smaller set up. It gets the job done. If I need a different mower on a jobs site I just change out the mower or bring the bigger one.

John

Steve
08-18-2009, 12:49 AM
It must save a lot on gas compared to your larger trailer!

I can't really tell from the pictures but how is your leaf blower attached to the trailer so it wont fall off?