PDA

View Full Version : Look what I just bought today.

majoe7
08-13-2009, 11:00 PM
I just purchased this new John Deere Commercial Walk Behind G 15 mower today. I wanted to add this to my inventory for some time and after a lot of research and due to the fact that my local JD dealer is where is have bought most of my Chopper, Stihl and add on's from, it only made since.

Some of the specs are
Power
15-hp air-cooled, Kohler Command Pro gas engine
6-mph transport speed, Heavy-duty, 5-speed gear transmission
Mower Deck
36-inch deck with a 2-spindle, timed blade system for superior cut quality
.75-inch to 4.5 cutting height range
Simplified Controls
Electric PTO, separate choke, color-coded levers, and spring-loaded thumb latches

And I like this part,
Two-Year "Bumper-to-Bumper" Limited Warranty*

What do you all think?

Thanks
John

CHEESE2009
08-13-2009, 11:06 PM
I wouldn't mind one of those green mean cutting machines!

I'd love to see it in action!

turfmaster
08-14-2009, 07:12 AM
Nothing runs like a Deere. :D

Steve
08-14-2009, 07:47 AM
That's fantastic!

As you use it, let us know what you think of it and how it compares/contrasts with others similar mowers you have used.

MikeO
08-14-2009, 01:45 PM
so do they really smell like a deere and run like a john?

are you impressed with the speeds and handling?

picframer
08-14-2009, 03:16 PM
Awsome score!!!! Been looking at one of these for a while but will wait until next year as my season only has 4 weeks or so left.

In my experience and my yard looks like a John Deere dealership.....anything they sell, other than the box store stuff.....is top gear and they really stand behind their stuff.

majoe7
08-14-2009, 09:00 PM
In my experience and my yard looks like a John Deere dealership.....anything they sell, other than the box store stuff.....is top gear and they really stand behind their stuff.

Andy,
I have to agree with you when you say that they stand behind their stuff and in the way they handled the sale. I bought it yesterday but didn't want to pick it till this morning. My salesman Randy said to me, we open @8am and I'll see you @8am tomorrow. I showed up at 8 on the dot and they were bringing it out to the front to demo it for me. What impressed me was that they all knew me well from past dealings and they treated me top notch. I had another salesman demo it and then the owner Max came out and demo it. I told him he was the 3rd person to demo it and he said that's what we do best in ensuring that our customers are comfortable and happy with everything. I noticed a scratch and told Randy and he said bring it by on Monday and it will be fixed that day. My next purchase is the Z820A 25hp Pro, 54-inch 7-Iron™ PRO Deck JD mower to add to my Dixie Chopper. I sold my Wright Stander to a friend for a great price. So far so good.

are you impressed with the speeds and handling?

Mike,
It handled great and the speeds are impressive. You want to hear a funny. Today when using it I was walking behind it and put it in 5th gear and it didn't seem that fast. Specs say it goes 6 mph., my Chopper does about 8-10 mph. I mowed 2 lawns then I realize that I had it at half speed. Just a little faster then the Turtle. LOL I hit it up to the Rabbit and she took off. When making turns and corners it handle real well and the fact that it has a low center of gravity makes it easy to handle. The low profile rear tires don’t chew the grass up and leave marks. They are putting on a one wheel sulky Monday and it should be a “BREEZE” then. I added this piece of equipment due the fact that we are getting a lot of rain down here and my Chopper is heavy and with the rear tractor tires it chews up the lawns and leaves marks, no matter what speed you go. It has a nice paint scheme to it you know GREEN and it smells beautiful, the scent of grass. When I make a video I’ll try to post it here. I am just figuring out how to post pics here. LOL

John

Steve
08-14-2009, 09:18 PM
When I make a video I’ll try to post it here.

I am looking forwards to it.

jasonw
08-15-2009, 02:37 AM
Hopefully it works out for you. I just looked at some of those but could not justify the price. My TB has twice the features for 1/4 the price. Let us know how it works out.