PDA

View Full Version : 33'' Cub Cadet Walkbehind

sasquatchmonk
08-13-2009, 02:33 PM
Has anyone used the 33'' cub cadet walkbehind? tractor supply has them on there website. If so let me know how you like it, considering getting one next spring.

http://www.tractorsupply.com/outdoor-power-equipment/walk-behind-mowers-push-mowers/cub-cadet-reg-33-in-344cc-cc-760es-wide-area-walk-behind-mower-with-caster-wheels-4435833

turfmaster
08-13-2009, 06:24 PM
Has anyone used the 33'' cub cadet walkbehind? tractor supply has them on there website. If so let me know how you like it, considering getting one next spring.

http://www.tractorsupply.com/outdoor-power-equipment/walk-behind-mowers-push-mowers/cub-cadet-reg-33-in-344cc-cc-760es-wide-area-walk-behind-mower-with-caster-wheels-4435833

I never used one but I have seen them at TSC.
How many lawns a day or week do you plan on cutting with that mower?
That mower is more suited for a homeowner.

sasquatchmonk
08-13-2009, 07:46 PM
Well I have pretty much stopped servicing this year, because I head back to school next week. Next year I am hoping for about 12-18 yards. I don't know the engine life on this brand/model, but what do you suggest for someone that is on a tight budget? As far as commercial walk behinds go?

Steve
08-13-2009, 08:37 PM
I don't know the engine life on this brand/model

I don't know either but I am guessing the store would know. I'd hate to see you pick up a residential mower with only a couple of hundred hours of engine life if you need to use it for many homes.

Did you happen to check out any used commercial mowers in your area?

turfmaster
08-13-2009, 09:16 PM
Well I have pretty much stopped servicing this year, because I head back to school next week. Next year I am hoping for about 12-18 yards. I don't know the engine life on this brand/model, but what do you suggest for someone that is on a tight budget? As far as commercial walk behinds go?

I have seen some used commercial walk behinds in decent shape on craigs list.
Check the farm and garden section everyday. I have seen belt drive Toro's,
Bobcats, etc. in your price range. Just make sure the hours are low.
Also check with your local dealer for trade ins. Sometimes they will give you a heck of a deal so they don't have to stock the mower. :)

mark123
08-13-2009, 09:26 PM
I bought this for $1300 2 years ago:
http://imaginekitty.com/external/pictures/Toro1.jpg

sasquatchmonk
08-13-2009, 10:04 PM
I have checked out some on craigslist in my area and I have seen some good buys but they are all like 48-60'' cutting width range. I am looking for something more like a 32-36 range. Because right now I am just concentrating on residential and I am gonna want to get the thing in back yards through gates and stuff.

mhatkins
07-10-2010, 01:31 PM
I have one. Been using it for the past few months, and it works great. The only issue I have with it right now, is that it had recently developed a problem with the blades disengaging in medium grass. Other that that, a very good machine. Keep your eye on the oil.