PDA

View Full Version : Very good time to advertise

kc2006
05-11-2006, 10:19 PM
In my opinion, this is the second best time to advertise. About the third week of May. Last year I didn't get to advertise in the spring, I ended up advertising in late May, almost the end of May, and I still got fair results from it. All the customers that called were willing to pay higher prices for quality work, and at the time I didn't realize what was going on.

Fast forward to this year, this whole week I've been getting calls. "My current company quit showing up" "My current company is ripping my lawn up" "My current company isn't doing a good job" "I've been calling around and no one is showing up to give me an estimate"

That's why I think this is the next best time (early spring being first of course) to focus on marketing. The potential customers hunting for services in late spring are tired of having to deal with less then great service and are willing to pay for a good service. I've made it a staple to get to estimates same day or at least early next day, and this has proven to work for me. Today I landed 3 mowing accounts, all weren't happy with their current service. One actually said "Wow your much more orginized than any other company we've seen", I was proud to hear that.

So if your looking for more work, get out there with something, anything and get your name in front of these people. http://www.gophergraphics.com/forum/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/wink.gif

Steve
05-12-2006, 12:28 AM
That is great work Kurt!

What are you doing for advertising now? Are you using door hangers or some other form?

kc2006
05-12-2006, 03:25 PM
Using the door hangers you created, I still have about 2500 other doorhangers, putting an ad in the local town paper that goes out to homeowners free. I also have the ad in the phone book and a local church bulletin.

Steve
05-12-2006, 03:32 PM
Has anyone given you any responses on the door hangers? Did they say if they liked seeing you on it or no?

kc2006
05-12-2006, 11:26 PM
I only managed to get about 75 out so far, still just getting caught up from last weeks sick adventure. Already got 1 deffinite account from them, a lawn install is possible (the guy has something to do with marketing I think and he said he loved the layout of the flyer and thought it was very professional looking thats why he called me), and I have one more mowing/fert account in limbo, just waiting for them to call back and accept the price.

Steve
05-13-2006, 07:12 PM
That is great news! It will be interesting to see if you get noticed by homeowners in the area as you are out and about. Wouldn't it be great to have people coming up to you asking for a bid on their property!