PDA

View Full Version : Keep Your Customers Next Year!

CHEESE2009
08-12-2009, 05:44 PM
I thought of two great ideas!

Gift Certificate, or indoor plant!

I was thinking of buying my customers some indoor plants to keep all winter long, "If the plant is still alive by spring, we will give you a XXX discount, or wont raise our prices"

granted they will go out and buy the same plant you gave them if it died during winter, the thing is it doesn't really matter, you GOT your customer still! RIGHT?! WOO!

As for a company gift certificate.

I'm going to send them out October.

A discount on 2010 lawn service with an expiry date, so you can be sure to get them MAY, on the DOT. This means they wont be waiting & hiring you in January etc...

Who might try this?

the plant one is nice, kinda like giving your customers a gift & discount... Could be a money waster, but if you only do it for certain customers it might be worthwhile.

Steve
08-12-2009, 08:26 PM
A discount on 2010 lawn service with an expiry date, so you can be sure to get them MAY, on the DOT. This means they wont be waiting & hiring you in January etc...

Very interesting and creative ideas! What kind of discount are you thinking about?

CHEESE2009
08-12-2009, 09:05 PM
Maybe half off the first mowing, it's tough to say.

I really don't mind giving away a few free mowings, spring is easy, my time will be better without having to advertise like a dog.

I'll be able to write down what my offer is with a pen on the gift certificate, "one mowing free" or "First mowing half price".

You know what would be cool?

Renting an aerator is like $50.00 a day.

Imagine if I offered free aeration to all my customers & people who hire me.

I lose $50.00, but I'll get everyone hooked.

I don't even have to make it free, it can be $20.00

A bit of hard work might keep the work flow up all season.

Though that would be similar to low balling I guess. It's hard to say. I don't believe it is, basically if someone wants to bust there butt doing such a thing, cheers to them. I know I'm most likely too lazy to try it, but it's not a bad idea. Just get some customers booked for one day.