PDA

View Full Version : Catching up!

CHEESE2009
08-12-2009, 12:17 AM
So if you have read my previous posts, you'll know about my mower breaking down & causing me to get backed up with my customers. You'll also know that the company I previously worked for "needs a hand".

Well, I called them back yesterday afternoon & made a deal.

They picked up my busted mower & left my assistant one of the mowers they weren't using. My assistant drove it to my house until I arrived back.

I went with the guy to drop my mower off at the dealer, & we got back to my place & had a beer. He left & I said, alright, 2-3pm give or take.. maybe I can bang out a few lawns.

I attempt to start the mower (something I should have done before) & the damn thing doesn't work. It has the SAME problem my mower has & it's the same reason I brought mine in. Though this mower is worse, the self propel is also busted.

I called another guy in the company & explained my situation, he came by & switched the mowers over with a good one.

We had a couple of beers!

He leaves, the mower works great. I load it up... IT POURS ... out of nowhere...

So I unload & get in the house... Drink another beer & pass out till this morning.

I wake up... load up, it rains, unload.

I go to the house, make some breakfast... The grass is still wet & at this point I'm panicking.

I wait 5 more minutes & decide to load up, my assistant comes over, I ditch the lawn mower bag & say we're gonna make a mess guaranteed.

My job = Mow like MAD, Trim
Assistants Job = Keep the blower running

After I mowed each lawn, the cut was perfect, though the clippings were a disaster, but we managed to make everything look beautiful with the blower. Everything was done efficiently, no mess in the truck.

When I was trimming the new lawns I have, a lot of branches were in my path... Man.. I wont let ANYTHING get in my way anymore, I just lifted my trimmer up and cut the damn branches down. Today was wild, all the equipment was on the ball!

Anyway, we basically got Mondays lawns done, & 5-6 of Tuesdays lawns to do. Which is not bad!

Tomorrow is supposed to be sunny, so I think I'll be on my first lawn by 7AM instead of 8AM, we'll just keep working till I get everything done, I'll stop at 5-6pm.

I'm really not sure what gave me super powers today, it went extremely well. I think it's because I blasted the speakers & was psyched up. LOL. "I didn't see that stop sign... or this one coming up"

The only reason I stopped today was because it started to shower, thunder/lightning... Scared the crap out of me.

I told my worker to go to the truck while I finished trimming.

My customer was in the window saying, "Scott... SCOTT!!! .. you CAN DO IT!!!"

then a few seconds later she's poking through another window shouting, "You can do it!!!!"

LMFAO

So I laughed until I got home... Imagine an old lady shouting that at you as you mow, that's motivation right there!

________

I have also decided to give the company a shot, maybe I could gain something in the end, or I can lose.

They let me borrow a mower / I will be helping them next week... Pretty reasonable, but they still gotta pay me LMAO. Can't wait to hear the price...

majoe7
08-12-2009, 12:35 AM
Can't wait to hear the price...

Man after the past month you have had, I hope that you are naming the price and not them. If they tell you $7.45 per hour :eek:, I can see another Breeze rant coming along.:mad:. LMAO Cheers. :D

Steve
08-12-2009, 12:41 AM
Very very interesting. Keep us posted on how it goes.

then a few seconds later she's poking through another window shouting, "You can do it!!!!"

I found the video of it! LOL

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/_rAHnwWfsaY&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xcfcfcf&hl=en&feature=player_embedded&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/_rAHnwWfsaY&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xcfcfcf&hl=en&feature=player_embedded&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

CHEESE2009
08-12-2009, 01:18 AM
LMFAO!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh man... this customer surprises me.

She even offered to lend me her mower... I said I appreciate it, but it wont last the rest of the day. LOL...

There's a reason we spend a fortune on mowers, so they can keep up!

I love life... lol.. until tomorrow! Let's see what happens...