PDA

View Full Version : My New Web Page

arthur712
08-11-2009, 08:20 PM
I launched my new web page today.
Please let me know what you guys think and let me know if I can make it easier or better.

It is not complete, I still have quite a bit left to work on.

Let me know what you think? www.mytakeacard.com

Thanks!
Artie

Steve
08-11-2009, 08:38 PM
Artie I like it.

You should have another deal, get 3 and put one on the back of your car for only $X.00

mark123
08-11-2009, 08:45 PM
The first thing I noticed was the very long load time. It took nearly 30 seconds to load completely and 23 before anything showed at all. 8 seconds should be the maximum for loading a web page.

After the images are in cache it loads a bit quicker but its first time viewers that you want to capture. You really need to resize and optimize your images.

I would also suggest very strongly that you don't use frames.

arthur712
08-11-2009, 08:51 PM
The first thing I noticed was the very long load time. It took nearly 30 seconds to load completely and 23 before anything showed at all. 8 seconds should be the maximum for loading a web page.

After the images are in cache it loads a bit quicker but its first time viewers that you want to capture. You really need to resize and optimize your images.

Mark,
How do you optimize and what is it?

I am the same way if a website does not open fast I will go to the next one.

I hope I can fix that.

Thanks!

mark123
08-11-2009, 09:01 PM
http://imaginekitty.com/30/ow-my-bandwidth-is-clogged/

Also I edited my post above to strongly suggest that you not use frames. It's outmoded and you mentioned that you wanted a stronger showing in page ranking. All google is going to see on your home page is http://mytakeacard.com/
Please click here to view the non-framed versi on.

Unless you expect someone to find your page using the keyword "versi on" then it's not going to be there. You'll have to hope that google latches onto a secondary page but it's your home page that should carry the most weight.

ritchiem
08-11-2009, 09:02 PM
Diggin' the new site Artie....you really need to optimize your images....they are still a huge resolution...if you need help let me know.

mark123
08-11-2009, 09:10 PM
What made you decide to go with the horizontal menu with all those options?? I'd suggest going back to a vertical menu.

arthur712
08-11-2009, 09:15 PM
What are frames, Optimize, and wow I am dumb! LOL

Richard, heck ya I need help!!! Your truck made fron page!!

Thanks guys

arthur712
08-11-2009, 09:17 PM
[QUOTE=mark123;56285]What made you decide to go with the horizontal menu with all those options?? I'd suggest going back to a vertical menu.[/QUOTE

It gave me a full screen and I liked the Side thingy.

arthur712
08-11-2009, 09:18 PM
All the Godaddy tech support know me well now! I call them like 5 times a day.

I am getting better.