PDA

View Full Version : Monthly Agreement Question

sasquatchmonk
08-10-2009, 11:33 PM
okay, lets say that someone has a 40.00 yard. Well a month that would be 160.00 a month. Well lets face it, we have had sort of a drought here, and I wouldn't feel comfortable putting someone on a contract specifying that I would mow there yard every week til the end of the season for that price when it isn't hardly ever growing. But to get them to sign up for monthly agreement, I would cut a certain percentage off of the agreement so I would be fair to them if there is a dry season, but then again it would be fair to me for when there is one, I would still make money. I would rather be 30.00 short in the whole every month as opposed to 80 or 100.00 with per cut customers. If any of you guys do this for your monthly contracts, how much of a deal to you break to someone when they agree to go on an agreement with you?

Little's
08-11-2009, 12:11 AM
For me, if their lawn doesnt need mowed, I just find something else to do to use up the same amount of time. So for me, Im not maintaining just their lawn, but maintaining their yard as a whole. So this way, you dont feel bad about charging your full price.

jasonw
08-11-2009, 01:35 AM
I don't even recommend mowing every week this time of year in my area. I have to mow my front yard every 3 days but we water it for about 3-4 hours a day and I like a good looking lawn. My clients use a lot less water and it grows a lot slower. My normal clients get it done every other week for $80 per month.

Steve
08-11-2009, 09:58 AM
A lot of times with the annual lawn care contracts, the selling point is that the price is spread out over the entire year. So even the total is the same at the end of the year, the customer pays less each month because they are paying all 12 months instead of 6+ months of lawn care a year.

jasonw
08-11-2009, 11:34 AM
A lot of times with the annual lawn care contracts, the selling point is that the price is spread out over the entire year. So even the total is the same at the end of the year, the customer pays less each month because they are paying all 12 months instead of 6+ months of lawn care a year.

And what if they are unhappy with the service and want out of the contract? This is where I have a problem. Here is a good example. Our Dish Network service has been crap sence we moved. They say everything is fine. We finally got fed up and told them to shut it down so we can go with Direct Tv. They explained we are in a 2 year contract and it will cost us $200 to get out of it early. I nearly hit the roof but then I thought wait I never signed anything at all. They explained to me it was a verbal agreement that they have on record. Well needless to say this did not fly. I did study law and a verbal agreement is not admissible in court so good luck getting that $200. It seems to me such agreements are in place because the service provided is crap and the person/people know it and know as soon as you find out you will drop the service. This way they try to lock you in a contract to keep the service for X amount of time. What ever happened to a smile and a handshake? I have never even looked at a lawn care contract and never been screwed yet. I listen to what the clients say and store it in memory forever and keep my mouth shut when I am not sure what to say. If you pay attention you can see a con coming a mile away, I am reminded of Jacky Chan "You like to talk, I like to let people talk who like to talk. It makes it easier to find out how full of $hit they are" Sorry I cant reproduce the accent on here.

sasquatchmonk
08-11-2009, 07:58 PM
For me, if their lawn doesnt need mowed, I just find something else to do to use up the same amount of time. So for me, Im not maintaining just their lawn, but maintaining their yard as a whole. So this way, you dont feel bad about charging your full price.
So when you quote someone that mowing, trimming, and blowing is 40.00 per time, that you include weeding and edging included in the cost, or would you charge extra in that?