PDA

View Full Version : Truck Lettering

wrgrounds
08-09-2009, 11:47 PM
Lost my job so I figured I had better start getting into the marketing end of mowing. I've been mowing for 10 years now and untill now have never advertised.

wrgrounds
08-09-2009, 11:53 PM
Steve requested that I show some pictures of them putting the vinyl on. Here they are.

Steve
08-10-2009, 01:02 AM
Great pictures!

Have you gotten any responses yet from your new truck lettering, which looks fantastic!

Also, I bet there are a lot of others out there thinking about doing the lettering on their truck themselves. I bet they are kinda nervous about doing it though.

Could you give us some insight as to how it was putting it on yourself? Was it tough or easy? Did you save a lot doing it yourself?

What advice would you have to make the process as easy as possible?

arthur712
08-10-2009, 10:36 PM
Lost my job so I figured I had better start getting into the marketing end of mowing. I've been mowing for 10 years now and untill now have never advertised.

I just love those Card Holders. lol

Lettering looks great!!!

http://i112.photobucket.com/albums/n200/ctksmom/Truck1.jpg

picframer
08-11-2009, 05:33 AM
Steve requested that I show some pictures of them putting the vinyl on. Here they are.

Very good job and very sharp looking!!!! This is in my experience critical, when things look professional people will be calling you.

wrgrounds
08-11-2009, 10:15 AM
Great pictures!

Have you gotten any responses yet from your new truck lettering, which looks fantastic!

Also, I bet there are a lot of others out there thinking about doing the lettering on their truck themselves. I bet they are kinda nervous about doing it though.

Could you give us some insight as to how it was putting it on yourself? Was it tough or easy? Did you save a lot doing it yourself?

What advice would you have to make the process as easy as possible?

No responses yet. We just installed the lettering on Saturday. I did have two people think that I had bought a new truck. Also my competition about broke his neck from twisting it when he drove by yesterday. I watched as he drove around the block and drove by again. Then one of his workers showed up in about 5 minutes and drove by three times in about five minutes This guy copies everything I do, from the same mowers to the same color truck, etc. Even his own family gets us mixed up as they honk and wave when they drive by, only to get an owly look on there face when they realize that it's me. We figure it will only be about a month before he letters his truck.

Oh, I guess I got sidetracked. I did not put the lettering on myself. I was busy getting other things ready for the parade. The two in the pictures are from the graphics company. The owner is the one in the wheelchair.

Vinyl lettering is very easy to put on yourself. it was one of my jobs at my last place of employment to put the vinyl on all of the equipment we made.

As you can see in the pictures, you tape the lettering to the truck and check your placement, then peel the paper off the back and press down. Then just pull the mask off the front.

Steve
08-11-2009, 07:02 PM
We just installed the lettering on Saturday. I did have two people think that I had bought a new truck. Also my competition about broke his neck from twisting it when he drove by yesterday.

I am glad it's getting others to look! That must be an awesome feeling.

What's next on your plan? Trailer signs? Or what?

Seann
08-11-2009, 07:42 PM
Very Nice!!! How much should I save so i can have it done?

picframer
08-11-2009, 08:31 PM
Also my competition about broke his neck from twisting it when he drove by yesterday. I watched as he drove around the block and drove by again. Then one of his workers showed up in about 5 minutes and drove by three times in about five minutes This guy copies everything I do, from the same mowers to the same color truck, etc.

Now I personally would have some fun with this one, if you have a good relationship with your dealer, tell them you want to have some fun and park a couple of expensive ZTR's on your lawn...:)

I get a lot of looks from two excavation companies that are in my area, especially one as the post office boxes are in front of his business, we are pulling gear almost seven days a week and I suspect it must bother him as his machinery for the most part sits idle, if he would clean up the equipment with a little paint, and come up with half decent sinage I am willing to bet it would make a difference.

Had a job to do at my own home today and Deere offered a 60D excavator that was a demo unit, this is twice the size and power of our largest one, this is one sweet ride and about $70,000, anyhow I stopped out front to check the mail on my way taking it back late this afternoon and buddy was outside....oh the look I got.....reminded me of the term if looks could kill....anyhow I just chuckled to myself.

wrgrounds
08-12-2009, 12:41 AM
What's next on your plan? Trailer signs? Or what?

I have had signs on my trailer now for about 4 years. They are plywood that I painted the lettering on. They are starting to show wear now and I don't want to have to repaint them. The vinyl guy is looking into 1/8" white aluminum to screw to the plywood and then do the same lettering in vinyl.

wrgrounds
08-12-2009, 12:42 AM
Very Nice!!! How much should I save so i can have it done?

For the two sides and the back it was $350.00 installed

Seann
08-12-2009, 05:21 PM
Nice price!!! Better decals!!

arthur712
08-12-2009, 05:38 PM
That is a great price!!!