PDA

View Full Version : PLANET members

tiedeman
05-10-2006, 08:13 PM
Anybody else here PLANET members? How do you like it? I have been a member all the way back when it was the PLCAA. I think that I have been a member for about 6 years. But I am just curious as your opinion on it and whether you think it's worth the money?

Steve
05-10-2006, 09:20 PM
What have you found to be the benefits so far of being a member? Maybe you will attract some new members from here http://www.gophergraphics.com/forum/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/biggrin.gif

tiedeman
05-10-2006, 10:51 PM
To be honest with you...no major benefits at all. The only thing that I have taken advantage of is the discounts for certifications.

Yes, they do send you magazine stuff, human resource stuff, etc, etc, etc. You can get some discounts for certain things such as car rentals, and lodging, but other than that I personally found it to be a waste of money.

I just received my renewal notice yesterday and I have already ripped it up and threw it away. I have many times voiced my concerns with PLANET about how they do nothing at all compared to what the PLCAA used to do. At least with the PLCAA you would get a membership plaque, a huge safety binder, labels, pins, etc.

I was actually against the merger and voted against it (current members were able to vote on the matter). I think that I was one of only 2% of people that voted against it. Since the merger they really don't care about the smaller guy like they used to, and only care more about the political side. Sure, I do know that the political area is very important, but they offer nothing else. It comes down to if you are not a million dollar company, they don't care about you.

Even their meetings for training, marketing, networking are held off in resorts off in Vegas or Caucan, and it actually costs on average $300 to just attend these meetings, that does not include the lodging. They really do not give anything back to the members. Man....I really miss PLCAA.

Steve
05-11-2006, 10:42 AM
Have you ever wanted to go to any of the seminars? Do you have any idea how many people attend?

tiedeman
05-11-2006, 06:56 PM
Yes, many times I have wanted to go to A LOT of their seminars, but they are: 1. Two far away, 2. Too Expensive.

I wanted to go to a one day seminar, and it cost $300, and it was out in Colorado or something.

Steve
05-11-2006, 08:40 PM
What price total would be the highest you would pay to go to a seminar?

tiedeman
05-11-2006, 11:25 PM
$50-99 for a day seminar.

Steve
05-12-2006, 12:05 AM
Including travel, food and hotel?

tiedeman
05-12-2006, 05:06 PM
For a one day seminar; including a one night stay, and one days meals

$100-$120