PDA

View Full Version : Newbie in Texas

gelawncare
08-07-2009, 03:17 PM
Hey guys,, Just wanted to introduce myself.. I have decided to start a small lawn care business and see what happens.. I know this is the middle of the season , but I wanted to test the waters and if everything works out , the I will head it up heard and heavy next spring.....

Right now I am just starting out so I dont have all the best of the best equipment... I figured I have enought to get me started...

I am using the $1.00 a min method to quote and it seems to work so far.... My main problems are how to charge for the other items.... Time wise I guess.. I am not sure... ie.. trim, blow, edge...etc.....

I have a used Murray Riding Mower, Brand New Push Mower, Weed Eater, Blower...and of course my trailer...

SO......any great advice would sure help..... I have a background in marketing and business so I think I will be good in that aspect.... Its more the quoting end of it that I need help with....

I am also engulfing myself in lawncare facts, how to etc.... Like when to fertilize, what kinds of grass, how tall to cut... stuff like that.. I know all this plays into our businesses!!

Thanks..

temeculagrassgators
08-07-2009, 03:50 PM
Welcome! I would use the online calculator on the forum to give bids. Thats what i use for the most part. Also use the flyers on this site. THEY REALLY HELP!
Hope you get lots of jobs! Good Luck! :)

Steve
08-07-2009, 04:03 PM
Welcome to our forum!

I have a background in marketing and business so I think I will be good in that aspect.... Its more the quoting end of it that I need help with....

What kinds of things have you done in the marketing field in the past?

Also what marketing ideas might you experiment with now to promote your nwe business?

gelawncare
08-07-2009, 04:26 PM
Welcome! I would use the online calculator on the forum to give bids. Thats what i use for the most part. Also use the flyers on this site. THEY REALLY HELP!
Hope you get lots of jobs! Good Luck! :)

Calculator works good.. But that is just for time... I am curious what do you charge for extra items.. Woudl I still use the $1 a min method for those as well....

temeculagrassgators
08-07-2009, 04:47 PM
Calculator works good.. But that is just for time... I am curious what do you charge for extra items.. Woudl I still use the $1 a min method for those as well....

The calculator Below gives an estimate. But what kind of extra's do you want to do?

arthur712
08-07-2009, 04:48 PM
Welcom to the gopher forum.

gelawncare
08-07-2009, 09:25 PM
The calculator Below gives an estimate. But what kind of extra's do you want to do?

Trim, Blow, Edge

temeculagrassgators
08-08-2009, 03:12 PM
That calculator includes all those "Mow,blow.edge"