PDA

View Full Version : Ever thought of starting a mower shop?

Steve
05-11-2006, 12:27 PM
Have you ever considered opening a mower shop? Are you good at fixing engines? Is this something that you could even start part time in your garage doing it at nights or on weekends? Do you feel there is money to be made in it?

Business booming at small-engine repair shop (http://www.ptleader.com/main.asp?SectionID=21&SubSectionID=21&ArticleID=14972) - Nancy Zingheim, owner of Lady Wind Gypsy in Port Hadlock, and employee Pat Bowen are among a team of seven people who keep lawn mowers and other small engines running for the people of East Jefferson County. Zingheim has owned the shop for two years.

kc2006
05-11-2006, 10:12 PM
You know I was thinking the other day, that's the business to be in!

There's so many guys out cutting now, you could make a fortune if you were a good dealer. I just bought a new ztr the other day and went to the dealer my old employer went to. He's hot headed but treats commercial guys right, if the mower isn't fixed in 30 minutes they give you a demo to use. He's the only dealer in this whole county that is a good dealer and treats people right even after the sale. But his temper scares alot of people away, I know guys that won't go to him just because they know how hot headed he is.

I love working with engines and fabricating things, so that could be a possibility for down the road, or just something to tinker with.

Steve
05-11-2006, 10:19 PM
You know, I was reading an article a little while back on the California Gold of the late 1800's. It said the business you wanted to be in was not digging for gold, but selling picks and shovels.

This could be translated today into selling mowers and servicing them.

Especially if you know how to run a business and treat people well.

You could start this on the side! Which would be great.