PDA

View Full Version : Hello to everyone!

brain
08-04-2009, 05:11 PM
Well I finally decided to start my own business. I'm starting with my brother helping me and I have a customer. My marketing plan seemed very inexpensive and easy but has failed to get me more clients. It still could, but it's time to try new things. I've been reading for a few days as a guest and have gotten some great information, and quite a few things I'm going to try out for myself. Thanks for the great info I've already gotten and I can't wait to get a few of my own ideas down for everyone else.

Good Luck Growing!

Steve
08-04-2009, 05:49 PM
Hi,

Welcome to our forum.

What kinds of things were you previously trying out and what marketing ideas are you experimenting with now?

brain
08-05-2009, 12:46 AM
Well I have signs up in front of my house right now, and a few of my friends have them too. And just so they can say I mow the yards my signs are in (for free). Only a few signs but on very high traffic streets.

I'm printing some business cards later this week. I'm going to start with 1000 and go from there. I like the idea that you just give them to everyone. At less than a penny a card I'd have no problem handing them out all over the place.

I am also debating on putting an ad in our local newspaper, but I've had bad luck with the company before with placing ads (not spelling correct, not in print as long as agreed, ect.) and with the $100 a month price tag I just don't know how effective a classified ad will do in my area.

I've finally decided on a business name instead of just Dan's Mowing and feel I can put more of a professional touch to my marketing materials now.

I'll be posting plenty in the week to come in various spots on the forum and can't wait to hear the feedback.

arthur712
08-05-2009, 10:10 AM
Brain, It is great to have you here on the G Forum!

I went on line and bought 100 small Business card Holders for like .50 cents each, and put the small return labels on them saying property of Artie Crowley call if empty with phone #.

These work great because, if you have the card holder just about any local business will put them on their counter for you.

When I did this, I put out all 100 holder in one day and I got so many contact from them right away.

I did the same thing with flyer too with holders. (Works Great)

I have done ads in local papers, but not a big fan. I feel the cost of an ad in a paper is more than I need to spend, when I can take that same amount of money and spend it flyers, Cards.

Oh and of course my Outdoor vehicle, yard sign card holders. HA HA

I am sure you will do very well.

Thanks!
Artie Crowley

Steve
08-05-2009, 04:06 PM
Well I have signs up in front of my house right now, and a few of my friends have them too. And just so they can say I mow the yards my signs are in (for free). Only a few signs but on very high traffic streets.

Have you gotten any calls because of the signs? Are you asking the new callers where they heard of you initially from?