PDA

View Full Version : Craigslist once again

MikeO
08-04-2009, 01:24 PM
Everything is what if what should why didn't I. Im going to vent. read it or don't

So, I love old trucks and I came across an ford pickup with the 390 motor. If nobody knows what a 390 motor is There the motors to have anyways, So im always looking on craigslist to find something and I came across this truck talked to the guy a few times seemed decent. Well, the truck was 2 1/2 hours a way and I decided I would buy it. I asked him many times can i make it back and he said absolutley. I took his word because he said a few things to me that I knew he knew what he was talking about ok. My wife and kid in my car so i could drive it back. long story short paid with cash she's following me made it 50 miles and it dies. brand new battery so, i knew it was the alternator and I called him no answer said ok parked it on the road and went home this was on a sunday i was going to go to ta napa in the nearby town closed. So im like wtf called again no answer now im just peeeeesed off i told keep driving get home he calls me back at that time im drunk and still mad and i told him its here at this spot i didnt make it home he said ok I'll go up and get it he calls me around 3pm the next day and said it wasnt there im like bs he took it home or to someones house so i called the town and asked them and they said they towed it 6 miles at 120 bucks pluse mileage plus storage. i called him back and told them they have it and he called over there and then he called me back and said everything i just typed. I told him i dont know what you want to do here im done with the pickup he said to send him the title and keys in the mail and i said i dont have a choice i mean i dont i have to work keep going i cant just stop so i thought about this all night and today. alot of options alot more hassles alot more bs. i wrote on the back of my receipt page because of course i dont have any regular paper.
I told him this. ok. and bascially said here is your keys and title i have no control over this anymore it is whatever you decide its going to be. I just hope when you make your decision you think about what if this has happened to you what would you want to happen. I cant decide or tell you what to do i can only do that and whats good for my family and i know you know what i am talking about. it was bad situation that happened and only you know whats best..take care my friend. thats all i wrote so, am i out of money will i get some back if not any? who knows..i dont at this point. hindsight is always 20-20. its hard to make moves when u have your 2 year old kid with could i have gone back maybe i dont know...this where i am at right now. SUCKS

Steve
08-04-2009, 06:15 PM
Hi Mike,

I am sorry all that happened.

How much did you pay him for the truck? I read this twice and I hope I didn't miss it.

I guess that would help me figure what I would do in such a situation.