PDA

View Full Version : Biweekly mowing

sasquatchmonk
08-03-2009, 02:43 AM
I have to give someone a quote on there yard on Tuesday and here is my question. They want it cut biweekly so I usually charge about 15.00 more to cut it biweekly because of the grass being more grown up. I do not use signed contracts, right now because I like to keep residential business simple. But, when the summer months role around and the rain get scarce, grass slows down. What if one of your customers says, 'hey, I know its been two weeks, but the grass has only grown a weeks worth because rain has been scarce.' How should you respond? Because they are right in one way about the growth of the grass, but if I did charged new customers a weeks worth mow for two weeks worth of grass, I would have to do that with everyone. Can anyone help me out?

CHEESE2009
08-03-2009, 04:14 AM
I have to give someone a quote on there yard on Tuesday and here is my question. They want it cut biweekly so I usually charge about 15.00 more to cut it biweekly because of the grass being more grown up. I do not use signed contracts, right now because I like to keep residential business simple. But, when the summer months role around and the rain get scarce, grass slows down. What if one of your customers says, 'hey, I know its been two weeks, but the grass has only grown a weeks worth because rain has been scarce.' How should you respond? Because they are right in one way about the growth of the grass, but if I did charged new customers a weeks worth mow for two weeks worth of grass, I would have to do that with everyone. Can anyone help me out?

personally I would drop him as a client.

I guess he doesn't really care about the look of his grass.

He needs to understand that by letting the grass grow longer, causes more harm to your equipment, & you lose time + money.

here is what i would do

Customer: I want bi-weekly lawn service

Scott: Our full season price will cost $600.00, please understand that this does not mean we will split that price down to $300.00 for being a bi-weekly customer. Due to the wear & tear on our equipment, the extra time & fuel we will be using to mow your lawn at it's length, I will have to charge you $375.00

The next couple of weeks

Customer: My grass hasn't grown 2 weeks worth, it's about 1 weeks worth of grass. I don't want to pay for it this week, maybe when it gets longer.

Scott:I'm sorry to hear that, unfortunately I am not interested in mowing your lawn only when it becomes a hassle. I am also not interested in taking a client who only hires me 5 times out of 11 being a bi-weekly customer. You can have me mow it today & continue as a bi-weekly customer, or I have no choice but to discontinue my service with you.

Is it worth your time?

Steve
08-03-2009, 04:04 PM
Keep us posted on how you decided to handle this.

armowing
08-03-2009, 06:15 PM

Residential customers are easy enough to draw up a quick contract. It will protect you as well as the customer and there won't none of this: "I don't need it mowed this week" crap. I have contracts with all my customers just for that reason. There are some very good sample on here that you can modify for your needs. GOOD LUCK !