PDA

View Full Version : Damaged a Pool

CHEESE2009
08-02-2009, 10:37 PM
I don't believe that there is any way around this, but here is what happened.

When grass surrounds an in ground pool, there is a small chance that grass wont fly into it.

Before I started trimming, I called the customer with no answer. I left a message asking if he'd rather me skip trimming around the pool, I rambled then said, I'll just do my best & you'll let me know later"

So trimmed around the pool and quite a bit of grass fell into the pool.

My mom called me later saying she saw the guy in his backyard shaking his head looking at a broken "pipe" or something connected to his pool.

He didn't call me about it, and this happened last Tuesday.
He didn't call and say, "skip trimming around the pool from now on"

majoe7
08-02-2009, 11:37 PM
Scott I can see another story coming out of this one. LOL :)

Do you use a metal blade for a line trimmer or nylon? DUH!! :confused:

If I have an in ground pool close to the grass line and clipping go into the pool, I tend to get the skimmer out and remove to the best of my ability the grass from the top of the pool to ensure that my jobs always look professional. Maybe you should go by a have a chat with him to set expectations and not have to what till the next time you cut his lawn to wonder if he is waiting to talk or yell at you. If he yells at you I can see you knocking him out just because of the grass in his pool. :eek:

John

Steve
08-03-2009, 01:40 AM
Are you going to be finding out what happened? Will you be back there next week or no?

Maybe what your mom saw had nothing to do with you?

CHEESE2009
08-03-2009, 05:22 AM
Are you going to be finding out what happened? Will you be back there next week or no?

Maybe what your mom saw had nothing to do with you?

It's very possible!

I don't see how a bit of grass can split a pipe? I'm not a pool genius lol.

Grass goes into filter > Grass goes through Pipe > Grass maybe gets stuck in pipe?

Does the grass even go into a pipe? whats the filter do, doesn't it just just keep crap floating in a box in/beside the pool?

If it was me I'd gladly pay him for the damages, the pipe is probably $5.00 give or take.

He's a new customer, he's hired me for weeding & lawn service & so far it's great. I am however not charging him enough... Though it's cash.. He's a new home owner & I thought I'd cut him some slack.

Steve
08-03-2009, 08:42 AM
Well keep us posted on what happens.