PDA

View Full Version : Web-Site For You Guys! READ!

temeculagrassgators
08-02-2009, 10:36 PM
Hello Everyone!
Would you guys spend $10.00 A month to beable to use a website name?
What this would do is:
You have the right to use the domain name
people would type in your zip code and your company would pop up with your#
you pay per the zip code.
the site would be set up only for lawn care.
You would have the right to that zip code. no one else.

****************************************************************************-
So the question is would you guys pay 10$$ a month for this?
~Just An Idea~
Thanks
Trevor

mark123
08-02-2009, 11:24 PM
:confused: I'm not sure I understand what you're saying.

swstout
08-02-2009, 11:29 PM
If someone types 'Lawn Care 29550nto a search engine, my sight already comes up for that Zip and the surrounding Zips. Why pay an extra $120.00 a year for something that already happens?

Steve

mark123
08-02-2009, 11:32 PM
If someone types 'Lawn Care 29550nto a search engine, my sight already comes up for that Zip and the surrounding Zips. Why pay an extra $120.00 a year for something that already happens?

Mine comes up second (16101) behind a friend who I gave a free web site to. :( lol

temeculagrassgators
08-02-2009, 11:34 PM
Steve; Just an idea. Brought it up for people with out a site.
Thanks
-Trevor

mark123
08-02-2009, 11:37 PM
Steve; Just an idea. Brought it up for people with out a site. Well, you don't need a site. Check out http://local.google.com and click the "Put your business on Google Maps" link. Yahoo and Bing have similar services.

Steve
08-02-2009, 11:37 PM
Hello Everyone!
Would you guys spend $10.00 A month to beable to use a website name?
What this would do is:
You have the right to use the domain name
people would type in your zip code and your company would pop up with your#
you pay per the zip code.
the site would be set up only for lawn care.
You would have the right to that zip code. no one else.

When I read this I was thinking about the 1-800 numbers that some lawn care business owners use.

Say for instance 1-800-Cut-MyLawn or something like that.

It's a snappy number and some lawn care business owners would like that. So they pay this company who owns the number to direct calls coming from their area to them for a monthly fee.

It seems to work for them. They have been in business a while.

I don't see why this couldn't work for you with a web service. There are plenty of lawn care business owners who dont have a website and would like to be able to say they have a web address.

I bet you could do a lot with it. Like taking online payment etc.

Is this what you mean?

Why not try it?

A lot of people that post on the forum are already web-savvy so they might not use it, but others might.

mark123
08-02-2009, 11:41 PM
... I bet you could do a lot with it. Like taking online payment ... That's an idea I toyed with in the past but never got it off the ground. The security is the big issue. Things like that are fantastic ideas, they're just expensive and can't be quickly thrown together. Lots of planning and a team of programmers would really be a plus.

I'd like to hear more about the idea in the original post. Maybe a better explanation would help.

temeculagrassgators
08-02-2009, 11:43 PM
Hey Steve;
I could do online payments and what not.. I could even set up a number. I was going to have a few domain names i don't want to throw them out there because someone might take them but then people can choose what domain to use. It would all link up to one site. I want to here what people have to say about this..
Thanks
-Trevor

Steve
08-02-2009, 11:48 PM
Yea tieing it all in like that with a website and phone # would be outstanding. You could even offer a phone answering service.

Well, you don't need a site. Check out http://local.google.com and click the "Put your business on Google Maps" link. Yahoo and Bing have similar services.

That is very true, knowing this he could add additional services that these do not provide. Such things as online payine or form to fill out for an estimate or seasonal coupons or fill out this form to learn the 7 steps to a lush lawn, kinda thing.

mark123
08-02-2009, 11:51 PM
Such things as online payine or form to fill out for an estimate or seasonal coupons or fill out this form to learn the 7 steps to a lush lawn, kinda thing. The coupon thing is covered with google local. I'll work up an example. :)

Steve
08-02-2009, 11:55 PM
Oh I didnt know that! That's cool!

I guess check out that service and look for what they don't have and what you would like to have. Make it easy for someone not computer savvy to have a web presence and you can probably make money at it.

There are tons of back end office things you could do. This could be just the start.

temeculagrassgators
08-02-2009, 11:56 PM
Steve; I could do that also. But don't you think that people want to see a "Pro" looking web-site?
Mark; Sorry for posting two of the same topic i just wanted more in-site. I have a coupon thing also.. :-)
~Just Workin Up An Idea~
Thanks
Trevor

temeculagrassgators
08-03-2009, 12:00 AM
The more i think of this the less i think someone will pay for it.. ??
Trevor

mark123
08-03-2009, 12:01 AM
Oh I didnt know that! That's cool! ...

Aw, I worked one up but it takes a while to show up. I wonder if they have to approve it or something. I didn't want it up there as it was goofy so I deleted it before it showed up.

Steve
08-03-2009, 12:14 AM
I'll tell you this. I have a friend who does this for another industry and he hired a telemarketing company to promote it and he makes money doing it.

His websites look so freakin terrible too LOL but they sell.

He has 4 templates the business owner can choose from and have an online presence.

So knowing this, I know there is money to be made doing this if you want to do it.

temeculagrassgators
08-03-2009, 12:20 AM
Seve;
Yeah im in it for the profit of course but as long as it pays for it self i will do it..
Thanks
Trevor

Steve
08-03-2009, 12:22 AM
With this project as with anything else, you never know until you try.

temeculagrassgators
08-03-2009, 12:25 AM
Steve; Thats very true.. I want to here what other people have to say..
Thanks
Trevor

mowcash
10-29-2009, 08:28 PM
sounds like a good idea if I understand correctly. Especially for someone without much website knowledge.