PDA

View Full Version : Pulled the trigger

armowing
08-02-2009, 07:38 PM
Well, after being in biz for just a month my riding mower gave out on me. After looking for ever and everywhere i finally decided to buy the 50" ZRT from cub. Like it alot so far. Took me just a little bit to get used to it but man it is sooo much faster. Unreal. So this is my equipment as of now:
50" ZRT Cub Cadet
Echo SRM 230 Trimmer
Sthil BG 55 Blower
Troy Bilt 3 In 1 22" Pusher
6'X10" Trailer
Biz is coming along more than I thought so far. I like to be able to wuit my full time job in a year or two.

Steve
08-02-2009, 07:46 PM
Hi armowing,

Welcome to our forum!

What got you to start your lawn care business and what have you been doing to promote it?

armowing
08-02-2009, 07:49 PM
Hi armowing,

Welcome to our forum!

What got you to start your lawn care business and what have you been doing to promote it?

Bee around for a it. Just didn't have time to get on here. But since you asked your usual question:

Most of my biz is from word of mouth advertising.
I have done the flyer thing and got some response but very frugal.
I also do some yards for friends and family.
Other than that i give everybody I meet a biz card. Word gets around....

Steve
08-02-2009, 08:07 PM
Very interesting!

You also talked about your mowers. Do you have any idea how many hours your previous mower ran for before it gave out?

Also, any idea on how many hours this new mower engine is rated for?

armowing
08-02-2009, 08:14 PM
Hi armowing,

Welcome to our forum!

I've been around the forum for a while now. Just didn't have time to get on lately. I started my biz at the 1st of july and have 7 contracted and and one on an will call basis. I am very happy with where i am at at this time. I hope to pick up a few more customers soon. We've had record setting rain in July here in AR but I hope it will get hot soon. No one wants to mow when its hot.
All of my biz so far is from word of mouth and I tried flyers with a very marginal result. I have some more made up that will go out next week. So we'll see how this one goes.

Steve
08-02-2009, 08:51 PM
Well, after being in biz for just a month my riding mower gave out on me. After looking for ever and everywhere i finally decided to buy the 50" ZRT from cub.

You also talked about your mowers. Do you have any idea how many hours your previous mower ran for before it gave out?

armowing
08-03-2009, 05:57 PM

Well, it was residential Craftsman 42" rider. I had it for years. Now i have a cub cadet that should last me for 800+ hours. It is a 50RZT and I used it today for the first time on 3 of my accounts. Mowing time went from 45 min to 15 on two and from 1.5 hours to 30 min. I love this thing already. BTW this si my 1st !!!