PDA

View Full Version : What Are Some Of Your Hobbies?

kdexpd
08-02-2009, 02:13 AM
Just curious to know what everybody else likes to do when they're not running a mower.
I like to scrollsaw during the winter months and do remodeling. I'm also currently working on a Baja Bug project and hope to have it done before Fall. I'll add some pics of my projects as soon as I get them off my camera.

What does everyone else like to do??

CHEESE2009
08-02-2009, 02:33 AM
I haven't had a drink in a LONG time, that was my biggest hobby. All this work has kept me occupied from having a life, lol!

Life = Drinking... I guess that doesn't really make sense!

Well, I've decided to start getting my friends together again to see what we could come up with. There was a point in our time that we didn't need anything to do in order to hang out, now it's necessary or we all get bored.

I think I'll make a blackjack night or something, & start storing my booze cabinet again.

My best friend & I see each other once every 2 months, we live a block away from each other.

The night usually consist of heavy drinking, talking about our future, talking about how there isn't much interest in anything as we get older.

Nothing beats having a group of 4-6 friends & a few cases of beer, a couple bottles of tequila & getting trashed, then roaming through the forest at night to get some air, watch everyone stumble or pass out beside a tree.

"What seems to be the officer problem?"

Steve
08-02-2009, 04:18 PM
I'm also currently working on a Baja Bug project and hope to have it done before Fall. I'll add some pics of my projects as soon as I get them off my camera.

Oh I'd love to see that.

Can reading be a hobby? I am always reading. I love getting a chance to hear the thoughts of others who have done things I consider to be larger than life things. It's almost as if you are getting a chance to sit down and talk with them.

When I was in school I hated reading, probably because I was told to do it, but now I love it.

CHEESE2009
08-02-2009, 08:13 PM
Oh I'd love to see that.

Can reading be a hobby? I am always reading. I love getting a chance to hear the thoughts of others who have done things I consider to be larger than life things. It's almost as if you are getting a chance to sit down and talk with them.

When I was in school I hated reading, probably because I was told to do it, but now I love it.

You know what, I was the same way. I hated reading until I got out of school!

Now it's fun! I love getting books with facts or everyday solutions, things I can use. Survival tip books, manuals, news paper stuff, business books, how-to stuff...

As for fiction, I'm not too interested. It has to be facts that I need, or will need, or never knew how they affected me.

kdexpd
08-02-2009, 09:54 PM
I totally agree Scott. I hated reading so much in school that I'd make up books for my book reports instead of reading something. And actually, yes, it did work most of the time. However I agree with you about reading facts, how to's, and things like survival and service manuals. I guess I always believed that the useless stuff they taught in school was never going to help me in the real world. Then when I got into High School, they offered classes at the vocational technical school just across the parking lot and that's where I learned the most. I took small engine classes, marketing and entreprenuership, and graphic arts, both computer design and screen printing.
I had a blast and learned twice as much!

Steve
08-02-2009, 09:57 PM
screen printing

Oh that is fun! Have you played around with that lately? Any pics? I have made some shirts in the past and that is awesome to do.