PDA

View Full Version : I Really Need Help With This One...

temeculagrassgators
08-01-2009, 12:24 AM
I have a helper on Friday, Saturday and Sunday. Today at a job site he got bit by a dog. What do i do he signed a paper saying that he understands he works at his own risk. Do i go after the customer? Or let it go?
Thanks
Trevor
T-Mec Grass Gators

CHEESE2009
08-01-2009, 01:18 AM
I'm not quite sure.

I tell some of my customers when I'll be around & tell them to make sure their yards are able to get done without me throwing toys and junk off the grass. As for a dog, it has to go out a few times a day & can't really be scheduled.

Did the owner know he was there, & didn't bring the dog back inside while he was working?

If I saw a dog on the yard, I would probably have the owner bring it in the house right away, not only because I might get bitten, I'd *accidentally* mow it up!

As for fault, unfortunately I don't see toooo much blame on the customers side. If the owner knew the dog was aggresive, sure he/she should have known better to leave it outside knowing your worker was there.

If your worker had signed a paper stating he works at his own risk, there's not much you can do about it. It was his responsibility to make sure the yard was secure I guess.

It could have been worse, your worker could have injured their dog accidentally with the equipment.

Everything is a factor.

I've been bitten by a few dogs, ... just bite em' back!

I remember this one time I was chased 3 blocks by a freakin' beast dog! If it bit me then, I could press charges against the owner for it being off leash & free to roam the streets.

That brings up the question... Was the dog in the front or back yard? Were there gates & fences blocking the dog off from the front yard? If he was in the front, did he have a leash on?

Steve
08-01-2009, 03:15 PM
Hi Trevor,

Keep us posted on this. Do you know the dog's owner? Is it current on it's rabies shots?

temeculagrassgators
08-02-2009, 09:33 PM
Steve; The dog is up on the rabies shots that was the first thing i asked. Scott; my helper was use to this dog and so am i they have bean my customer for two years now. The dog just went off for some reason. The dog was in the back yard. My helper is alright now he is off for a few weeks till he gets better.
Thank You Guys!
-Trevor

Steve
08-02-2009, 09:53 PM
What do i do he signed a paper saying that he understands he works at his own risk. Do i go after the customer? Or let it go?

Hopefully everyone heals and lets this go.

Do you know if he got it checked out by a doctor?

temeculagrassgators
08-02-2009, 11:10 PM
Steve; I also hope everyone lets it go.
When i saw him drop to the ground i ran to his aid. We have a first aid kit in the rig so i got that and rapped it up. We stopped working at that site and went to the doctors. We got a all clear from him but the doc said don't work for a few weeks. He had to get some butterfly stitches.
Thanks
-Trevor