PDA

View Full Version : Something really scarry

swstout
07-30-2009, 11:10 PM
Want to see something really scarry?

http://www.usdebtclock.org/

Steve
07-30-2009, 11:18 PM
WOW $38,000 per citizen! How is that possible!

swstout
07-30-2009, 11:23 PM
WOW $38,000 per citizen! How is that possible!

The stimulus (spending) package and $151 billion in interest debt!

Now, they want to do another "stimulus" program!

Steve

swstout
07-30-2009, 11:30 PM
The opposite of progress is congress! As Robin Williams said in 'Man of the Year', "politicians are alot like diapers. They must be changed often, and, for the same reason"!

Steve

Steve
07-31-2009, 02:58 PM
I am with you. The only chance we ever have is not letting politicians get comfortable with their jobs. We need term limits on every political position.

swstout
07-31-2009, 05:13 PM
I am with you. The only chance we ever have is not letting politicians get comfortable with their jobs. We need term limits on every political position.

Short of a Constitutional Amendment (very difficult to accomplish), term limits won't happen. It would have to be approved by Congress (and it would not be in their interest).

Most people believe we are a democracy! We are not. We are a representative government! This was set up this way by our founding fathers so large population centers couldn't corrupt the electorate. The constituents (people) were to elect representatives (congressmen - set into districts by population) and Senators (two per state) to vote their constituents wishes. If the majority of the people in each district or state said no to any proposal, their representative was to vote their wishes.

The 'electoral college' has taken this right away. Party conformity has taken it away further.

We must get back to our roots! if your representative doesn't conform to the public sentiment, get rid of him. Vote him out of office.

With rising unemployment, foreclosures, national debt, and taxes and 'fees' on the rise, people are starting to take notice. People who waited until election day to decide how they would vote are beginning to question their representatives!

I think November 2010 will be the turn around point for the American people.

Steve

swstout
07-31-2009, 07:59 PM
I believe our representatives should actually represent us! Not represent what they're 'told' to by their party. I'm a registered Republican but I can think on my own. Party politics must end! People politics (what we as American's rally want) should be the mantra of Congress.

If they don't represent the people, they should be voted out!

Steve

lawncrafter56
07-31-2009, 10:20 PM
Bravo Steves!

lawncrafter56
07-31-2009, 10:39 PM
The White House said Thursday it was reviewing what has turned out to be a wildly popular “cash for clunkers” program amid concerns the $1 billion budget for rebates for new auto purchases may have been exhausted in only a week.

This was very tempting as one of my pickups is a gas guzzler and is getting weak so I tried for the 4500.00 and ended up not getting any help because the truck was not insured for the whole year prior to the program.

I understand the program very well could be coming back again. Really makes a fiscal Conservative Republican look the other way. lol

Watch the debt clock really spin Steve

turfmaster
08-01-2009, 12:18 PM
I believe our representatives should actually represent us! Not represent what they're 'told' to by their party. I'm a registered Republican but I can think on my own. Party politics must end! People politics (what we as American's rally want) should be the mantra of Congress.

If they don't represent the people, they should be voted out!

Steve

That's why I am a conservative independent. I am so sick of the party politics between the dems and repubs . Sick of all the special interest pandering going on. I agree it's the people's government not the special interests gov.
Time to vote out all the old dogs in the congress!!

swstout
08-01-2009, 12:47 PM
That's why I am a conservative independent. I am so sick of the party politics between the dems and repubs . Sick of all the special interest pandering going on. I agree it's the people's government not the special interests gov.
Time to vote out all the old dogs in the congress!!

In actuality, I am an Independent but I registered as a Republican so I could vote in the primaries. Some states allow only voters oa major political party.

Steve

SuperiorPower
12-06-2009, 02:12 PM
That is horribly scary. The debt per citizen is $38,220 and $111,076 per taxpayer.

I heard today that back in 1999 someone figured up that every child that was being born at that time automatically inherited about $70,000 in debt. I am not sure how they figured that but it is scary enough that every man, woman, and child that is a "citizen" of the US is automatically indebted with $38,220 just because we allowed certain people to be voted into office.

To me that is an extra incentive to get out and vote the RIGHT WAY, and to spread the word to others to VOTE RIGHT!