PDA

View Full Version : Wright Stander

Saddlewood
07-30-2009, 08:41 PM
Wanted to try and get your feedback on the Wright mowers. Looking at buying a used stander that has approx 350 hours, 17HP Kaw motor, 36" cut. I'm trying to get the age of the mower but looks like it's in great shape. He's asking $3500. Seems to be fair, but wanted to get any feedback you all might offer. Also, any thoughts on how many hours a regularly maintained motor like that should last me? Thanks in advance!

Steve
07-30-2009, 09:05 PM
I think in the past we have had discussions on this mower and everyone seemed to have good reviews.

As far as engine life, maybe 2,000 hrs?

Anyone else have some insights to share?

StartALawnCareBusiness
07-30-2009, 09:58 PM
Kawasaki are my favorite engines. A well maintained motor (oil, oil filter, air filters, spark plug all changed regularly, etc) should easily last 1500 to 2000 based on my experience.

What kind of jobs are you doing? Hilly or flat. In my area of the country we have lots of hilly yards and I feel those mowers are a bit top heavy...personal opinion. Otherwise, they are fine mowers.

Saddlewood
07-31-2009, 10:13 AM
Thanks guys! Most of the jobs I currently have are more flat than with hills. I've got a commercial lot that has a pretty decent slope on it, but I'm able to slowly knock it out with a zeroturn rider going parallel with the slope. With this Wright being a little top heavy, I'm guessing I would just have to do the slope at a little more of an diagonal than parallel.

Steve
07-31-2009, 03:42 PM
If you get it, let us know your review on the machine.

Keep us posted!

Saddlewood
07-31-2009, 10:21 PM
Thanks Steve, I certainly will. Anyone have any experience with an Everride Stander? From the price and reviews, it seems to be a hit.

musician/lawnman
07-31-2009, 11:31 PM
Keith,

I couldn't disagree more here, I own two wrights. They are the best mowers for hills bar none! There is no real weight up high! Even the weight of the driver is on the platform your standing on which is below the centerpoint of the wheels as apposed to the driver siting on a seat well above the top of the tires. And the engine is mounted right above the deck... you can't get any lower than that man!? with an average weight operator, these machines are so balanced even front to back that it's just sick how manuverable they are. That's why I bought the 2nd one & sold my 52" regular zt. I love em'

turfmaster
08-01-2009, 01:06 PM
Thanks Steve, I certainly will. Anyone have any experience with an Everride Stander? From the price and reviews, it seems to be a hit.

I own 2 Great Dane Standers and they are the same machine as an Everride.
They are awesome.

I also own a 52" Wright and it is an awsome machine too. Sticks to hills like glue.

Once you operate a stander you will never use a walk behind again.

Buy a Dane or Everride at the right time and you will save $2000.00 over a Wright.

That's a lot of mowing to recoup $2000.00 :D