PDA

View Full Version : Hello everyone

odin_telamon
07-30-2009, 11:01 AM
Just wanted to say hello, I've just joined and am hoping to gain a real insight
Into the gardening world and also how to drum up some proper business and general ideas thanks

Sean

Steve
07-30-2009, 01:29 PM
Hi Sean,

Welcome to our forum!

What got you to start your business?

arthur712
07-30-2009, 09:41 PM
Welcome to the forum Sean!

You will find a world of great information here on the G Forum.

odin_telamon
07-31-2009, 09:02 AM
The reason i am trying to start my own business is because i worked for a golf club until recently and had an accident and decided to quit my job and try and spread my wings and fly solo the only trouble is here in britain for the past month or so it hasnt stopped raining so the few people who wish to have there garden maintained have cancelled so basically im having trouble starting to get my services out there ive done 300 flyers but to no avail and just desperate to get out there.

By the way im from Wales Britain and was checking podcasts and came across gopherhaul and i am well impressed with the contents and the general set up and within time hope to be able to enjoy banter and advice with you all
and all gain exceptional knowledge on actual jobs and how to price jobs etc
so if any off you wish to give advice on how i can get my venture up and running and hopefully become as successful as yourselves the please write thanks again everyone sean

Steve
07-31-2009, 02:56 PM
Hi Sean,

If it is going to rain a lot in your area, are there services you can offer to homeowners that you can do during the rain?

Could you make a list of such services. Both indoors and out.

I'd like to see what you come up with and then you could promote all of that so the rain doesn't stop you from moving forwards.

What about such things as maintaining indoor plants as well?