PDA

View Full Version : How your truck can be your salesman...www.mytakeacard.com

ritchiem
07-28-2009, 08:18 PM
Increase your sales with this addition to your marketing campaign

http://www.thelawnblog.com/gopher/clearholder.jpg

I have found a fantastic new product that I have to share with the green industry. Pictured to above is a clear plastic business card holder that affixes to your vehicle, store front, signs…you name it.

I received mine a week ago and installed it right away. It went on very easy using adhesive strips. I would recommend that you measure and level where you want it on your vehicle to avoid crooked placement. It also comes with a handy “Take A Card” vinyl graphic to go above or below your holder…I put mine above the holder.

The holders are made from durable plastic and are virtually water proof. They have a strong spring snap down lid that won’t let water in. Trust me we have had sever thunderstorms here in Central Ontario for the past week and my business cards are still bone dry. I would recommend that you take out the cards if you pressure wash your vehicle as the extreme water pressure will cause the flap to lift if you are not careful.

I’ll post a photo to show it on my work truck. I placed the holder on my rear door window for maximum visibility.

http://www.thelawnblog.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/07/takemycard.jpg

The card holder works for you when you are not around. At the jobsite, hardware store, buying groceries, the mall…it will hand out your business card for you 24/7, just as long as you keep it stocked up. I put 10 business cards in mine eight days ago now and refilled it up today…seven were missing, I am very pleased.

These card holders also come in different styles. One with different color lids to stand out. And if you really want an impact the round holder jumps off the page making sure potential clients take your card.

To learn more about these great products and to see what else they offer visit www.mytakeacard.com

Just to let everyone know that this is not a sales pitch and I am not collecting any profits from sales here. This is just my honest opinion about a great product. It still amazes me that the simplest of products are usually the best ideas.

EDIT: About 15 minutes after I posted this I received my first phone call from a woman that took my card while I was shopping yesterday evening. I now think I need another one for the passenger side. Everyone that owns a business needs one of these.
The Lawn Blog rates this product a 5 out of 5.

justin_time
07-28-2009, 09:36 PM
I'm debating on putting it on the driver or passenger side. Since my side ramp and when I pull up to the side walk, I would imagine putting it on the passenger side would be ideal.

arthur712
07-28-2009, 11:00 PM
I think you need to get another one for the other side, I should have just sent you two.

Yes I would think, the side that will be on the curb most.

majoe7
07-29-2009, 06:32 AM
I'm debating on putting it on the driver or passenger side. Since my side ramp and when I pull up to the side walk, I would imagine putting it on the passenger side would be ideal.

Justin what is taking you so long to put this on your truck? You had this holder for 2 weeks now after bugging Artie for it? LOL

John

justin_time
07-29-2009, 07:26 AM
Justin what is taking you so long to put this on your truck? You had this holder for 2 weeks now after bugging Artie for it? LOL

John

Stupid rain.. not my fault lol

justin_time
07-29-2009, 07:27 AM
I think you need to get another one for the other side, I should have just sent you two.

Yes I would think, the side that will be on the curb most.

Yeah i know, i thought of that after you shipped mine.

ritchiem
07-29-2009, 05:49 PM
Yes I do believe that you should put two on every truck...

arthur712
07-29-2009, 08:53 PM
I have alot of people that buy 3 for both sides and 1 on the back.

Free shipping to Canada, but it may take 2 week.

Steve
07-29-2009, 09:10 PM
I have alot of people that buy 3 for both sides and 1 on the back

I don't know if you have this on your website or not, but I think it would be great if you had a three pack offer and then have a testimonial and an image from a lawn care business owner on how happy they are that they bought the three pack from you.

justin_time
07-29-2009, 09:31 PM
I have alot of people that buy 3 for both sides and 1 on the back.

Free shipping to Canada, but it may take 2 week.

You take Paypal ?

I can send you the payment after I collect my money for this month. I hope you don't mind.

If you can ship me one, and I want a tracking number please :)

arthur712
07-30-2009, 08:45 AM
You take Paypal ?

I can send you the payment after I collect my money for this month. I hope you don't mind.

If you can ship me one, and I want a tracking number please :)

Yes we take paypal.

The only way I will do free shipping to Canada is First Class Mail, I do not think it has a tracking # just a transaction #. That just tells me when I sent and what you received it.

ritchiem
08-02-2009, 04:51 PM
Well this product just keeps on working. I just came back from a weekend away and I took my son out to the grocery store. On our way out with the weekly munchies there was a woman reading my truck signage and took a card. As I walked up to the truck she started asking me some prices on mulch. She said she took a card and will contact me on Monday.

Love it!!!

arthur712
08-02-2009, 06:57 PM
Well this product just keeps on working. I just came back from a weekend away and I took my son out to the grocery store. On our way out with the weekly munchies there was a woman reading my truck signage and took a card. As I walked up to the truck she started asking me some prices on mulch. She said she took a card and will contact me on Monday.

Love it!!!

I need to start collecting 10% on your sales. LOL

Great Stuff!!!

justin_time
08-26-2009, 05:26 PM
I'm thinking of slapping these 2 outdoor business card holder next to my signs off my trailer ?

What do you guys think ?

Let me know

arthur712
08-26-2009, 05:35 PM
Okay I just went back to look at your trailer. You can put one on the back but if you put both of themthere, it would be a waste.
Are you still driving that green truck, if so put one on the back glass hach.

picframer
08-26-2009, 07:26 PM
I'm thinking of slapping these 2 outdoor business card holder next to my signs off my trailer ?

What do you guys think ?

Let me know

Sometimes I leave a trailer on the street after dropping equipment off, especially the 18' one as I only use it for the excavators and larger tractors (PITA to pull around) and grab a shorter trailer, in this case I do leave post cards in a holder and some people take one.

If I leave an excavator or tractor at a clients I leave a few post cards and let the client know where they are in case someone drop by, this too has brought us in a few contracts.

Next year I have to get yard signs, it's a fairly common request from clients, also need to get some 11 X 14 signs printed on a water proof foam core as there are various places around the city where we are allow to post.

The final place that brings in more inquiries than any other is the outdoor post office boxes that have a roof over them, I have cards in at least 30, get a lot of inquiries and quite a bit of work this way, I will take some pictures when I get back next week......

justin_time
08-26-2009, 08:36 PM
Okay I just went back to look at your trailer. You can put one on the back but if you put both of themthere, it would be a waste.
Are you still driving that green truck, if so put one on the back glass hach.

Yeah I'm still driving that green truck, but I don't really want to put them there since it's not really my truck. I've got space on the one side of the trailer next to my sign but i find a bit low to pick up a card.

I'll think of something

picframer
08-27-2009, 04:53 AM
Yeah I'm still driving that green truck, but I don't really want to put them there since it's not really my truck. I've got space on the one side of the trailer next to my sign but i find a bit low to pick up a card.

I'll think of something

Make a holder much like a lawn sign and attach it to that, inside the trailer make two stake holders that will accepy 3/4" thick x 3 1/2" wide, cut a stake (1 X 4) about 32" long, on one end screw in a piece of 1/4" pluwood 11 X 14, paint it whatevet color, then attach your holder to the plywood, when you arrive at a site, simply put the steak in the holder and remove when you are done, just so you don't loose it.

mark123
10-28-2009, 11:26 AM
I received mine in the mail today! Thanks Arthur!! I can't wait to park it at the store and see how many cards get taken. :)

http://imaginekitty.com/external/pictures/myTakeACard/myTakeACard.jpg

http://imaginekitty.com/external/pictures/myTakeACard/myTakeACard2.jpg

I think I need another one for the other side. :)

arthur712
10-28-2009, 11:31 AM
I received mine in the mail today! Thanks Arthur!! I can't wait to park it at the store and see how many cards get taken. :)

Mark that looks great!!!

I think I need another one for the other side. :)

That is How I sucker you into buying another one!! LOL

Thanks!

mark123
10-28-2009, 12:07 PM
That is How I sucker you into buying another one!! LOL
I KNEW IT!!!

Maybe I can sell some blood or something to get the money. :p