PDA

View Full Version : I thought I have seen it all (check this out)

arthur712
07-28-2009, 05:48 PM
I just walked outside and I saw this guy on a segway, you know the stand up 2 wheeler. He rolled up to me and gave me his business flyer for ECONO-KILL Pest Control. I asked him about the segway, and he said his boss bought a bunch of them and put sale people on them to visit communities and promote business.

I thought to myself WOW what a great idea because it is around later in the day when people are around the house, so he easily stops and sells the account.

If he was in a car or truck doing this. People would call the police.
This makes a great conversational piece and then tell them what you have to offer.

I just ran in here to let you guys know.

That is thinking outside the Box!!!

Thanks!
Artie

Steve
07-28-2009, 05:59 PM
LOL that is great! Was this in a residential area or at a shopping mall or what? I wonder how many people he was able to meet during the day.

arthur712
07-28-2009, 06:04 PM
LOL that is great! Was this in a residential area or at a shopping mall or what? I wonder how many people he was able to meet during the day.

Residetial, as soon as he rolled away I wanted to get in my car and chase him down to take a picture for you.

I think those segways go for a couple Thousand dollor. Not Cheap.

I am so broke, i would have to use a skateboard! LOL

Steve
07-28-2009, 06:13 PM
That would have been a great picture.

You gotta wonder though of the effectiveness of it. As he rode off, could you see him talking to anyone else or did he just keep on riding down the road?

I did a search and found a segway being used to deliver pizza. It does catch your eye.
http://s.wsj.net/public/resources/images/MK-AQ147_SEGWAY_20080613170431.jpg

turfmaster
07-29-2009, 10:07 AM
Hey Steve here's an idea for the "green" crowd. Use a Segway for your lawn care business. Maybe to pull a fertilizer spreader around or pass out flyers. :p

sasquatchmonk
08-04-2009, 09:55 PM
Yeah its like one of the same darn thing that mall cop rode around on. That was halarious!

Steve
08-04-2009, 10:28 PM
You all got me thinking. I want to start a mower company that makes the Lean Green 3000.

Do you think it might work? I've tested it myself and it gives the most even cut lawn you have ever seen.

Check out this test photo.

arthur712
08-04-2009, 11:29 PM
Thats the way to do it. Nice LOL

turfmaster
08-05-2009, 07:56 AM
That machine is gonna give the Wright Stander some competition LOL.:)

swstout
08-05-2009, 12:59 PM
You all got me thinking. I want to start a mower company that makes the Lean Green 3000.

Do you think it might work? I've tested it myself and it gives the most even cut lawn you have ever seen.

Check out this test photo.

I was contemplating making an electric mower powered by a small self-contained propane powered generator. I could have both a 110 volt adapter and a 12 volt adaptor.

You could plug in your electric lawn tools (edger,weed whacker, hedge clippers, etc) right where you need them. at 110V, and your tow behind sprayer (12V) plus other toys. It could also serve as a back-up generator.

Steve

Steve
08-05-2009, 03:58 PM
I was contemplating making an electric mower powered by a small self-contained propane powered generator. I could have both a 110 volt adapter and a 12 volt adaptor.

I'd love to see that! Why not experiment with it?

swstout
08-05-2009, 04:30 PM
I'd love to see that! Why not experiment with it?

All I need it time and money!

Steve

arthur712
08-05-2009, 04:52 PM
All I need it time and money!

Steve

That is what we all need! lol

Steve
08-05-2009, 08:46 PM
It would be neat if you could start out by drawing some designs of what you wanted to create. That might get the creative juices flowing more.