PDA

View Full Version : Neat Marketing Items I've come across.

majoe7
07-26-2009, 11:13 PM
As of late I have seen many different marketing items come across my way when doing several different landscaping jobs. By this I mean I see the standard door hangers, poster ads, and telephone pole ads/signs. Now I am seeing a different approach starting to happen.

Those being, a business card in a zip lock bag with a small rock or coin in it on the driveway or lawn, pens or pencils in the driveways with the Lawn Care company name, phone # and a saying and lastly I thought this one was kind of cool, a keychain with the companies name, phone # and saying (ie: free estimates) in the driveway or near the front door. Everyone will pick up these items from the ground and look at them, most might keep the keychain / pens / pencils and use them in the future. Some may take a look at it again later and give you a call.

I thought this was a good marketing idea that most should try if the cost was low and affordable. Some of these items obviously caught my attention. I know that word of mouth or referrals are the best and cheapest way to go, but. I also think that you can hand these items out instead of the standard business card when meeting new clients. If I was to go full time I think I would do the last one to drum up some more business.

Have any of you come across some of these items or have you seen something else?
Would any of you try this approach? If you have, what were the results? What was the cost?
I just thought this was neat and it may help some of you newer or just starting LCO’s generated some business and add more accounts.

More Accounts = More Money.

John

arthur712
07-26-2009, 11:34 PM
I have seen these around some of my commuities.

I would think it is great marketing idea.

If it was me, I would put a penny in the bag because everyong will pick it even if they are going to though it in the trash, but at the same time they will take that penny out. This will bring the attention to the business card.

Put a little saying in it, Like (Time to pinch a penny and still get quality work)
Something like that.

I may just do this!

John thanks for bringing this topic up.

This will only cast me pennies!!! haha

Thank again!
Artie

mark123
07-27-2009, 01:03 AM
I wouldn't do that because I hate when people throw stuff in my driveway. The worst offenders are the phone book delivery jerks. They get paid to get rid of a couple thousand phone books and are supposed to deliver one to each home. I got 6 of them in my driveway in a bag with extra plastic wrappings from other phone books and trash. My dad only got 4 phonebooks in his driveway though.

You leave something in my yard with your number on it and you're going to get a call from me to come pick up your trash.

Little's
07-27-2009, 01:43 AM
I think throwing stuff in peoples driveways is a trashy idea, literally. At least take it to the front door and hand it to somebody. At least then they have the option to accept it or not. But I think the gimmicks help, it is the approach that is more important.

arthur712
07-27-2009, 02:32 AM
I would not through them in the driveway, but I would but them on the Front door step.

I still think it is great. They have to bend over to pick it up give thm more time look at your card inside.

If someone get upset about putting trash on the door step, just say sorry and move on to the next new account.

You can not tippy toe around people that may get mad!

Just like the flyers people put on your winsheild while you are in a store.

I Hate those flyers, But they work!!!

Thanks!
Artie

mark123
07-27-2009, 02:39 AM
... Just like the flyers people put on your winsheild while you are in a store.

I Hate those flyers, But they work!!! ...
They work as long as you don't mind being on the sad end of a severe beating. Don't touch my car, people. Don't.

All of this is the equivalent of spam in the virtual world. The "but it works" argument doesn't fly with me at all. I really can't see how this is in any way ethically justifiable.

arthur712
07-27-2009, 02:47 AM
They work as long as you don't mind being on the sad end of a severe beating. Don't touch my car, people. Don't.

All of this is the equivalent of spam in the virtual world. The "but it works" argument doens't fly with me at all.

Like I said You can not worry about keeping everyony happy!

I remember when Myspace started and I would message all the local people with in 10 miles.

I did get a couple people that were very upset about it, But I sold two houses from those messages.

If you need new business, Get out there and get it!!!

Thanx!
Artie

Steve
07-27-2009, 02:01 PM
Those being, a business card in a zip lock bag with a small rock or coin in it on the driveway or lawn

One of the things we talked about in the past was instead of weighing down a flyer with rocks in a bag, why not put some grass seed in a small envelope and staple it to the flyer. It's more useful.

Check out the discussion on this on page two of the post here (http://www.gopherforum.com/showthread.php?t=7396&highlight=flyer+grass+seed&page=2).

There is also a free flyer template here (http://www.gopherforum.com/showthread.php?t=7200) that looks like this.

http://www.gopherforum.com/uploaded-files/images/sprinkle-these-seeds-preview.jpg