PDA

View Full Version : STOLEN-Dixie Choppers, Trailers, PU - REWARD

WestKYMower
07-23-2009, 11:07 PM
Near Benton Kentucky during the early morning of 7/22/09, my mowing equipment was stolen from my driveway.

1999 Dodge 2500 SLT Extended Cab Diesel (Maroon w/Chrome) VIN 187KC2360XJ505200
2003 Dixie Chopper 72" S' Burb' N' Turb' Mower Serial # 3039758
2003 Dixie Chopper 60" Xtreme Mower Serial # 3039588
2002 16' Custom Built Load Trail Trailer (red) modified with diamond plate on fenders, diamond plate on front, diamond plate tool box in front, red lucabond sides, dual axles with surge brakes VIN 4ZECF162521150611
Air tank
Red Max weed eater with Hedge Trimmer attachment
Red Max Trimmer
Stil Handheld Hedge Trimmer
2 Solo backpack sprayers
Darenger over and under 22 magnum pistol
Tools, Gas Cans, Safety Equipment

There was also 4 other commercial mowers and trailers stolen in the area the same week.
Please email me at_home@bellsouth.net if you have any information or see any of this equipment. A reward will be offered for valid information.

Steve
07-24-2009, 11:45 AM
I am sorry about this happening. Did you contact the local media and tell them so they could make a story out of it and reach out to more people in your area.

WestKYMower
07-24-2009, 11:37 PM
Yes, actually the media contacted us.

CHEESE2009
07-25-2009, 12:54 AM
Whoa!

I hope someone catches that a-hole! I'm sorry for your loss!

I'd contact every dealership around & ask them if they had bought used equipment (your equipment) or ANYTHING!

If this happened to me, I would go crazy! Like in the movie "Collateral Damage" where Schwarzenegger's family gets killed by a terrorist, he goes out hunting the terrorist down on his own!

if your truck was stolen too, the person might have been on foot, which maybe means he's not too far from where the truck was. Unless he was dropped off by a friend, etc... Anything is possible...

If there were any stores near by, ask them if they have surveillance tapes from the day your stuff was stolen..??

Little's
07-25-2009, 11:52 AM
Dang, thats awful. If any of you out there have a trailer full of equipment, it may be a good idea to put a lo-jack on it just in case. I know this is what people with expensive show cars do and sometimes it really pays off.

picframer
07-25-2009, 02:17 PM
Man I am sorry for your loss!!

As noted contact the dealers for these pieces of equipment and give them the serial number, I know at least with John Deere they have a central data base, if that piece of equipment comes in for service or at least here if you want a part you even have to give a serial number, and it comes up stolen, they have you. My local store has helped catch a few.

When you are back on the go, consider GPS chips for your expensive equipment, it's worth it's weight in gold for peace of mind.

WestKYMower
07-27-2009, 12:54 AM
Thank you...I have contacted all Dixie Chopper dealers in 4 states and the company itself with the stolen info. Next is the pawn shops.

Steve
07-27-2009, 07:05 PM
Yes, actually the media contacted us.

Did they write anything about this happening or did it appear on tv at all? Did any of them contact you back?