PDA

View Full Version : New To Gopher

propertyupkeep
07-23-2009, 06:01 PM
Good evening, my name is Kay. My husband and I have a lawn care business and have been in business for the past 6 years. We have over 75 residential clients, but am trying to focus on getting commercial properties as well. We just wanted to introduce ourselves to Gopher, and hopefully gain a ton of knowledge. We look forward to the forums. Have a great day.

Steve
07-23-2009, 07:41 PM
Hi Kay,

Welcome to our forum!

It's very nice to see you two work together on your business.

Do you have any advice or suggestions to other women or couples who work together on a family business?

And do's or dont's you found to be important in making it all work?

FloridaBoy
07-23-2009, 07:42 PM
Welcome, welcome, if your looking for info, then this is the place. If you can't find it here, just ask, if we can't answer it, then it doesn't matter, LOL. :D

arthur712
07-23-2009, 10:07 PM
Welcome to the forum!

Thanx!
Artie

tommyganz
07-27-2009, 09:08 PM
Hey guys, good decision on moving into the commercial sector. There are many more opportunities on the commercial side that can really start taking your company to new levels. My biggest piece of advice is to take it slow and be very "selective" as to the accounts you take on. Market yourself to properties that won't require too much capital for equipment and labor. Banks, small strip centers, small condo or apt complexes, etc. Also, make sure you have good estimating fundementals and really understand your costs before entering this market segment. The rewards are bigger, but the mistakes are more costly as well. If you need any help at all, please do not hesitate to ask. Good Luck!
Tommy