PDA

View Full Version : From landscaping to BBQ Sauce?

Steve
05-10-2006, 12:34 PM
How cool is this? Can you magine if you went and created your own bbq sauce? Wouldn't that be neat? I think it is great to see entrepreneurs explore and develop things. Good for Jonathan here and remember you could do this too!

From a young age, Jonathan Soares always had the ambition to become an entrepreneur. At age 12, he began buying wholesale candy and reselling it for a profit, at 15 he began a landscaping business, and at age 18, he started an ice cream catering business. Now at 21 and a student at Western Connecticut State University, he has embarked on his most recent venture, a line of Gourmet BBQ Sauces. Soares, Founder and CEO of Q Products, Inc. has gotten his products into more than 750 retail locations across New England including Stop & Shop, Big Y Markets, Stew Leonard's, Hannaford's and IGA Markets to name a few. He has been marketing his line of "Jonathan's Q" for the past year while attending school full time.

Soares has marketed his product as a high-end BBQ sauce to fill a niche gourmet market. He formulated his mother's honey BBQ recipe into Hickory Teriyaki and Spicy Cajun and has accomplished this completely on his own. Soares has traveled across the country presenting his line to major supermarkets and distributors. Although it hasn't all been easy for the young businessman, working and going to school full time, Jonathan credits all of his success to his faith in God who's given him the strength and ability to accomplish his dreams.

So what's in store for Soares and his company? He's been networking with companies across the USA developing solid business relationships, determined to bring Q BBQ to a national stage. Already he's targeted every major retail chain on the East Coast and is working on his product line extension featuring other sauces, marinades, and dressings. Soares says, "Being honest, networking and making connections are keys to any successful business. I strongly believe in the saying that one hand washes the other. I not only want to be successful but I want others to succeed as well." Soares will graduate from Western Connecticut State University in May 2006 with a BBA in Marketing.

For more information, please visit http://www.qproductsinc.com