PDA

View Full Version : Chlorinated water and bio-enhanced dethatcher

swstout
07-22-2009, 11:28 PM
I know that you should not mix the bio-enhanced dethatcher with chlorinated water because it will kill off the micro-organisms that make the breakdown of thatch possible. When I mix the dethatcher with what I know to be chlorinated water I add an aquarium or pond de-chlorinater to the water before I add the dethatcher to my tank.

Tonight while giving an estimate, the homeowner asked how his sprinkler system would affect the dethatcher being it used city water that was chlorinated? I couldn't answer his question with any certainty so I told him I would check it out. This is something I had never thought about!

Anybody have an answer?

Steve

Steve
07-23-2009, 12:39 PM
That is a very interesting question!

Maybe write the manufacturer and see what they say about this? I would be interested in hearing more on this.

swstout
07-23-2009, 12:48 PM
That is a very interesting question!

Maybe write the manufacturer and see what they say about this? I would be interested in hearing more on this.

I have sent emails to the major sprinkler system manufacturers. I explained the problem and the need. I even hinted that it could be a new product for them. No response as of yet.

Steve

swstout
07-23-2009, 12:52 PM
I did find many hose end dechlorinators for fish pond sue from $30 - $60 butthey don't have a means of connecting to inline systems.

Steve

Steve
07-23-2009, 01:12 PM
What about writing to the manufacturer of the bio-enhanced dethatcher?

swstout
08-05-2009, 01:36 PM
What about writing to the manufacturer of the bio-enhanced dethatcher?

Nature's Lawn got back to me on the question of sprinkler systems using municipal water (chlorinated) supplies.

The chlorine in the municipal supplies will kill off some of the bio life in the soil, but using Nature's Magic reduces this affect by about 80%. Nature's Magic de-toxifies and de-chlorinates.

Steve

Steve
08-05-2009, 05:03 PM
Have you experimented with this in the field? It would be interesting to hear your results.

swstout
08-05-2009, 05:38 PM
Have you experimented with this in the field? It would be interesting to hear your results.

Nature's Lawn just got back to me a little while ago (we have been playing phone tag).

No, I have not field tested it yet and don't think I will. As Nature's Lawn said, "probably 95% of his customers are on municipal water and their testing showed little or no problems when using Aerify with Nature's Magic". I would not know where to start field testing and would rather spend my time marketing.

Steve