PDA

View Full Version : Bad week with a good outcome

jasonw
07-22-2009, 11:40 AM
Steve I blame you for this 100% you said to many good things about my little Toyota. So anyway on my way home Last Wednesday night the Bronco blew up. I sat on the side of the highway until 2am waiting for the tow. Good thing my Toyota went to the shop a couple days earlier. I got the Toyota back Thursday and everything was good. Then Friday the car would not start. I decided to take my wife's advice. She has been telling me to just go buy a truck for years but I was stubborn and refused. Good thing for me last week was very slow for business so these setbacks didn't effect any jobs. I cam home with this yesterday and could not be happier. Paid cash for it so there are no payments. WOOHOO. Oh and "Thanks Steve" LOL:)

Steve
07-22-2009, 12:02 PM
Very nice truck!

What's your view so far on having this one versus your old truck?

jasonw
07-22-2009, 12:22 PM
This truck is awesome. 5.2l v8 vs the old one with a 2.8l v6. the old one was an SUV "bronco2" this one is a full size truck that will haul a 40' 5th wheel like no ones business. I absolutely love it.

Steve
07-22-2009, 12:38 PM
Have you been thinking about signs for your new truck?

jasonw
07-22-2009, 12:53 PM
I thought about that last night but the truck is flawless and I just cant bring myself to stick anything to it yet. This is on top of the fact that the stickers on the SUV never once got me any attention. So far 100% of my business has come from the local paper.

jasonw
07-22-2009, 01:17 PM
On a side note Steve I think this truck will be used a lot more for personal business then business business such as We have been looking for an RV or a trailer for traveling and now we have a truck to pull a trailer. Problem is we have 3 seat belts and 4 of us so I don't know how it will work other than taking both this and the new car. Also sence as I said both old cars have issues. The Ford is for sure going nowhere as the motor is blown up. When I do a job I do it well as shown with the oil all over the windshield. I think all 6 rods are probably sticking out of the block. Its beyond me how but it actually still starts. They Toyota has just become to unreliable. It may start today or may not. It started yesterday but would not start for 2 days before that so not this truck is all I have " my wife drives the new car" so I guess I can forget about writing off my business expenses as far as transportation for now. Thats a bummer to because it ran me close to $100 to fill up the tank yesterday.

justin_time
07-22-2009, 01:25 PM
I can't wait for this day to happen to me to pay "Cash" for a new (newer for me) truck

jasonw
07-22-2009, 01:30 PM
Justin. it will happen. If you remember from other posts where the subject came up out combined household income is very generous as it is. I am 30yo and have worked very hard for 15 years to get where we are now and we hoard money all the time. A perfect example is me still owning my first car. When it gave me problems did I go buy a new vehicle? No I got a Bronco for $800. Now this past weekend I find myself at home with the kids and no car so I figured that's it I am going to buy a truck. Now for the first time in my life I have AC and all that good stuff. Besides I stole this truck. Try not to pass out, maybe you should sit down now. I only shelled out $2,860 for it. Trust me the day will come when you can and will pay cash for everything. We hate using credit and rarely do. The only reason I got my wife a new car a few years ago is because our little girl was born with problems and we made many a drive across state to spe******ts to fix her up. After breaking down 5 times one day with a sick baby in 100+ degree weather I sent the car to the junkyard and got her a nice reliable car that we could trust.

jasonw
07-22-2009, 01:36 PM
LOL @ spe******t

Definition:
spe·cial·ist (spsh-lst)
n.
1. One who is devoted to a particular occupation or branch of study or research: "Spe******ts . . . tend to think in grooves" (Elaine Morgan).
2. A physician whose practice is limited to a particular branch of medicine or surgery, especially one who is certified by a board of physicians: a spe******t in oncology.
3. Any of several noncommissioned ranks in the U.S. Army that correspond to that of corporal through sergeant first class.

Steve is this a no no word? I thought we were all Spe******ts is what we do?

Oh I just noticed in that word is another word for a drug that is always spammed all over the internet. Ok now it makes sence. Maybe I should not have edited the post for spelling LOL:)

Steve
07-22-2009, 09:39 PM
LOL yea I blocked it because of spam but didnt think it would appear in other words hahahaha.

ritchiem
07-23-2009, 06:21 AM
Man I should go stateside to purchase my next truck...under 3G's for that truck is amazing. People would still be trying to sell that for 6-9G's here in canada.

jasonw
07-23-2009, 10:47 AM
I was told by someone who got the same truck up north in Or for 6G that I better grab it. It only has 93,000 miles on it and was purchased from Sac county in Jan of this year and game with all the maintenance records and everything. I am very happy with it thus far but to be fair I have only owned it a few days. I got some chrome tie downs for the bed yesterday as I worry about putting straps on it after seeing other truck beds get mangled by the straps. My father actually had a strap come loose a while back and get caught on the rear wheel and tore the mettle all the way down the outside of the bed. These tie downs would break away if that happened and the chrome gives it a nice look. While I was there I also grabbed one of those nets that go over the bed. I spent some time yesterday looking at cool little accessories for it and was amazed at how many there are from cowl induction hoods to aftermarket bumpers and LED tail lights. According to the owners manual the bumper hitch is a class 3 and can handle 8,400lbs and with a class 4 up to 10,000lbs, god only knows what a 5th wheel could handle. I got a call from a marketer for the yellow pages yesterday asking me all the services I provide. He was pushy and wanted money so I eventually hung up on him but he asked if I do any hauling. Now a light bulb is going off in my head. I see a new service I just hate to scratch my pretty bed lol. I think this weekend I will have a spray on liner installed. To follow are more pictures for your enjoyment. Amazingly clean truck.