PDA

View Full Version : Business Profile

Steve
05-10-2006, 12:13 PM
Here is an insightful article on Gary Sokolowski. He owns the Menne Nursery. If you get a chance, click on the article link below to read how he got started. Maybe it will inspire you to consider starting your own nursery.

It's really neat to see the history of how businesses got started because it then shows you how you could do it too.

Gary Sokolowski ó Owner of Menne Nursery (http://www.tonawanda-news.com/business/local_story_119233410.html?keyword=secondarystory) - Spring is in the air and itís time to clean up the yard.

But sometimes, even the most accomplished gardeners need a little help. Classes in gardening, landscaping materials and equipment, a landscaping service, a florist and a gift shop are just some of the things youíll find at Menneís Nursery.

Gary Sokolowski, president and owner of Menneís, sat down with Greater Niagara Newspapers to talk about his nursery.

Question: How did you get started with Menne Nursery?

Answer: I started working here when I was a junior in high school. I did carryouts, and when I turned 18, I went into landscaping as a landscape laborer. Then I became a landscape foreman. Then I became a sales designer, then I ran landscape design. Then I became president, then I became owner. I worked my way up the ladder.