PDA

View Full Version : Price increases?

jasonw
07-14-2009, 10:57 AM
I have a question. I am getting ready to raise my prices a little but I am not sure how to go about it. Should I continue to service my few current customers at the rate already agreed on and quote the new rate only for new customers or should I explain to my current customers that I want to make more money so they will have to pay more? I really cant lie and say its to cover expenses because I already pull a profit on what I do so the only real reason for the increase is to bring home more money and possibly get some new equipment and offer even more services. Any suggestions on how to go about it?

StartALawnCareBusiness
07-14-2009, 11:05 AM
Raising your prices mid-season is not fair to current customers and will cost you lots of good-will. By all means raise your rates for new customers as they come on board but wait until the end of this season or the beginning of the new mowing season before sending them a friendly note letting them know of the price increase.

Keith

Steve
07-14-2009, 11:16 AM
I agree with Keith on this.

What brought you to the conclusion that you needed to raise your prices? I bet a lot of other readers are finding themselves in the same situation.

Do you have any advice on how much to raise your prices?