PDA

View Full Version : Wife bought me a present

ritchiem
07-13-2009, 08:57 PM
Well I just got back from the Wayne Gretzky Classic (golf tourney) to find that my wife had bought me a PS3...sweet deal!!!

I haven't played video games on a console for years...I broke my ps2 when I had my gallbladder surgery, nothing to do and all hopped up on Oxycontin...I beat Tony Hawk in 36 hours straigh!

This is a nice machine and I wont even use it for games. I can now stream all my music, movies, home movies, and photos to my HDTV. This will save me some coin on cdr's and dvd's now.

justin_time
07-13-2009, 09:03 PM
Nice i'm jealous. I'm going to have to go for a drive and "oink" it from ya ;) I want to play Grand Theft Auto 4 so badly on the PS3... that game looks nuts.

I still have my ps2. Maybe in the future i will get one :rolleyes:

Steve
07-14-2009, 05:12 PM
I was playing guitar hero on that an its freakin aweome.

CHEESE2009
07-14-2009, 11:34 PM
My friends, stay away from Nintendo Wii!!

I bought one because my friend had one & had me over to play it. It was cool at the time, though we were drunk. Playing boxing drunk = awesome.

Though once you get bored of that, the Wii just has old games on it. Everything new literally sucks!

Other consoles, Xbox/Playstation have awesome games, sometimes Wii has these games, though Nintendo takes a lot out of them!

I love shooting zombies, so I bought "Dead Rising" for Wii, my friend had it for Xbox.

Xbox = There can be over 100 zombies on screen at any given time, even up to 1000, they don't fade in or out. If you kill them, they are left dead on screen until you leave the room. You have so much control on where you want to go, the game is limitless. You can even jump onto obstacles and watch them swarm under you.

Wii = You have 8 zombies max, though if you walk further, more just randomly FADE IN out of nowhere. It's garbage.

If you kill them, they fade away instantly.

Wii's dead rising has limits, they barricaded everything so you can only go one way throughout the entire game, no exploring.

Wii's dead rising.... they took out the Jump button = not much to do...

Wii also added 2 new zombie characters... WHICH RUIN THE GAME! Every time your in a room with zombies, there is a constant spawn of POODLES who all look the same, it's SOOO stupid. They also added parrots who drop grenades... How stupid can they make this game? Wii went out of their way to ruin it...

Though I recommend you buy Dead Rising for Xbox, it's similar to GTA, and a lot of replay value!

Dead Rising is similar to the movie "Dawn of the Dead" the remake. Your trapped in a mall ... awesome.

jds2381
07-15-2009, 10:36 AM
I agree with Breeze. I wanted a PS3 really bad. My wife didnt want to spend that much so we settled on a WII. Had it about 2 months (1 month of playing) and we sold it and got a PS3. Gets boring quickly! PS3 rocks imo!