PDA

View Full Version : Lawsuit against me

justin_time
07-11-2009, 11:04 PM
This is where it starts

This new customer saw my postcard so she wanted an estimate to cut her grass.. also she wanted a price for her sister for Mother's day. Since they wanted me to bag the grass, i estimated about 50$ each to cut the 2 lawns side by each.. so I told her it would be 150$ for 5 months which equals to 750$ and she said yeah.

By the end of June, they said they want me to bag the grass, i said i'm done bagging the grass, i am not doing it anymore, it takes a lot of time to do and I didn't have time.

I was away at the cottage today and i was watching tv while the phone rang. I answered the phone, it was one of my customers that I dropped because they kept asking for bagged lawn every week. I told them I'll do it at the start but I am not doing it all summer longways, it all started she wanted

So now she's on the phone saying i owe her like 300$ for her sister and 100$ for her and she's like if you don't send the money by Tuesday, I'm sending you a letter from the lawyer :confused: :eek:

My history report clearly show May, June, July, August, and September at 150$ a month with 0$ per cut.

XtreemGreen
07-11-2009, 11:42 PM
If I read this correctly.. your bid was for $50 a cut BAGGED... They paid for 5 months of bagged service..

If Im correct.. You owe them some money or some bagged cuts..

justin_time
07-12-2009, 12:06 AM
If I read this correctly.. your bid was for $50 a cut BAGGED... They paid for 5 months of bagged service..

If Im correct.. You owe them some money or some bagged cuts..

They payed me for 2 lawns.. so I cut 750 in half.. because they are sisters side by side.. so I owe them 75$ each.. i bagged for the 1st month and the rest I told them I am not bagging anymore

picframer
07-12-2009, 06:18 AM
They payed me for 2 lawns.. so I cut 750 in half.. because they are sisters side by side.. so I owe them 75$ each.. i bagged for the 1st month and the rest I told them I am not bagging anymore

In your quote to them, either email or written, does it clearly state Mowing in the months of xxxx will including bagging grass, the rate for these months will be $xx.xx, during the months of xxxx the grass will not be bagged and the rate will be $xx.xx

Don't fret the lawyers letter, doesn't mean a thing and has no weight, the cost of the letter will be more than what she is claiming, let her take it to small claims and simply explain everything to the judge, it's not a big deal, when I worked in banking and even my security company we were in and out of court quite often, it's a very simple process here in Canada.

If you don't have anything in writing, in Canada a verbal agreement can he upheld in court however it's up to you to convinence the judge of what the contract is and even if you are a one person business, they really expect something in writing, even an email or a recorded call, in Canada you can record the call, only one party "you" has to be aware.