PDA

View Full Version : Horror Movies

CHEESE2009
07-11-2009, 11:00 AM
What is your all time favorite horror movie?

What movie scared you when you were young? How do you feel about it now?

What are you scared of?

I can't say exactly what horror movie I enjoyed the most, though Terminator was the first movie I had ever seen, even before television. I used to think it was a horror then, it actually freaked me out.

I'm trying to think of movies that kept me up at night... I hated sharks & they are my biggest fear. Jaws was scary & I often thought that in the middle of night my boat was a raft, & I couldn't even see my floor.

I remember watching one of the "The Nightmare on Elm Street" (Freddy Kruger) movies & trying not to crap my pants & some scenes when I was 7 or so.

Chucky (Child's Play) movies were pretty scary also when I was young, but watching them now you'd think they were comedies! Chucky is hilarious along with Freddy!

Michael Myers in the "Halloween" movies is pretty scary, usually when the victim is walking around silently in the dark & all you see is Michael's mask faintly watching her/him standing barely 5 feet away, obviously towering over the victim in size. (I'd love to see Schwarzenegger as a victim in a movie with Michael Myers, "You a girly man!")

Characters motives

Chucky: Charles Lee Ray (a murderer) dies & comes back to life in doll form. His motive is to regain & live in a human body once again. Though apparently he can only do so by using a voodoo spell on the first person he makes contact with in his doll form. Creating an ongoing chase, killing everyone in his way. Chucky also maintains the strength of a human.

Leprechaun: People always stubble upon his gold & think that they can now settle down & live the good life. Wrong. Leprechaun goes out of his way to get his gold back, killing just about everyone. If he grants wishes, they always turn out horribly gruesome. I remember one person wishing for tons of gold, only to blow up because the tons of gold appeared inside of the mans stomach.

Freddy: He basically loved children, in the wrong way. He'd do as he pleases & eventually tortures & kills them. He was burned alive & killed by the towns parents, yet he now lives on in the dream world. Children who remember or learn of his name, will be haunted in their dreams. If Freddy kills them in their dreams, they die in reality also. Freddy doesn't like to be forgotten. The only way to defeat Freddy is to a)not fall asleep until your an adult b)pull him out of your dream & kill him. Though if he has enough people having nightmares about him, he's able to kill anyone including adults.

Michael Myers: The story has constantly shifted on his origin. Though I enjoy the new & basic rough childhood turned murderer story. Basically Michael will stop at nothing in order to kill off his entire family. He comes back to kill every Halloween. Michael will only stop once everyone is dead, though it's nearly impossible because of a catch. Random people who often live in his childhood house which is always up for sale, are considered as family towards him, & he wants to kill them all for living in HIS house. Michael is like a scary ninja. Awesome.

Jason Voorhees: As a young boy Jason was mistreated by the kids & staff at Camp Crystal Lake. The kids tormented him because he was ugly as crap, causing him to fall into the lake & drown while the staff was being ignorant. Jason comes back to life many years later to hunt down the old & new counselors of the camp & everyone in his way.

I also recommend movies like, "Cube" it's impossible to explain but you should see it, it's very original! http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0123755/

"Pet Cemetery"
"It"
"Puppet Master"
"Aliens"
"Ghoulies"
"Hostel"
"Silent Hill"
"Wrong Turn"
"House of Wax"
"The Good Son"

I'm watching just about every "scary" movie I can find. Any suggestions?

Now for a cool scene from a not so scary movie,
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/xNGwpLHDDIA&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/xNGwpLHDDIA&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

mark123
07-11-2009, 02:38 PM
What is your all time favorite horror movie?
The Wicker Man. Christopher Lee is the greatest horror star ever invented.

What movie scared you when you were young? How do you feel about it now? The Exorcist scared the doo doo out of me. When I was younger my mom wouldn't let me watch R rated movied (up until I was 14). For some reason she made an exception for this one. I wish she hadn't. lol

What are you scared of?Now? Nothing really. Death doesn't really get me worked up anymore. The devil shows up in way too many dreams to be shocking anymore. I'll fight Freddy Krueger is he ever tries to mess around.

Steve
07-12-2009, 01:55 PM
The first Halloween movie still freaks me out.

http://www.horror-movies.ca/AdvHTML_Upload/Michael_Myers.jpg

And still to this day when I am swimming in the ocean I think of Jaws and what is swimming below me.

Steve
07-13-2009, 11:00 AM
Scott,

A few years back, one of our forum members actually shut down his lawn care business to make horror movies.

You are a very creative guy, did you ever think about putting together your own horror movie?

CHEESE2009
07-13-2009, 02:14 PM
Scott,

A few years back, one of our forum members actually shut down his lawn care business to make horror movies.

You are a very creative guy, did you ever think about putting together your own horror movie?

I am hardcore into movie making. Though I can't afford the best equipment, & I crave it.

I used to make 1000's of videos with friends, we have tons of scripts & what not.

I was hired a few times to help out student film makers.

I did voice overs for a film called, "Animal Farce" I did 8 voices, it killed me. I never knew that I could look stupid in more voices than one!

I also was a supporting character in a heist movie called, "Happy Birthday Ellman" I played "Trevor Bowman" awesome name lol.. My character was a crackhead alcoholic, who looks like a bum... The director said "You look like a caveman, your perfect!"

It's when I had a beard & long bush hair... & I was also an alcoholic! LOL

I still didn't see it yet!!!

Though making movies sounds like a lot of fun, once you get into it & realize how much you need to make something look real & awesome, it gets expensive.

A $400.00 camcorder doesn't cut it. You need the real stuff! It'll cost me $50,000 to get my equipment!

I also used to make props! :D

justin_time
07-13-2009, 02:54 PM
Horror movies aren't my favorites :eek:

Action movies are my thing

Steve
07-14-2009, 06:23 PM
With all your scripts why not start making stuff now? What ever quality it is, it doesnt matter. What matters is that you are doing it. Then get the movie or short film up online. I'd love to see some of your stuff!

CHEESE2009
07-14-2009, 11:54 PM
2 of my camcorders hit the can last winter.

I'm saving up to get a new one. Then I'll do a film called "COVERS"
Horror/Comedy

Covers is a talking blanket who has an obsession with it's owner. It becomes an emotional wreck when the owner decides to have sleepovers with his friends. Cover's jealousy rises throughout the film, causing it to sneak around smothering & killing everyone who has taken it's owner away for the few nights, when all it wanted was a good cuddle time. When he's finally had enough heartache, he goes out to cuddle the owner, permanently!

I'll keep you all updated!

GopherHunting
07-15-2009, 09:11 AM
Scariest movie I ever saw was the Shining. I saw it as a kid and still remember the hallway scene. Maybe that's why I don't watch horror movies anymore. :)
But today, probably anything with gophers or fresh gopher mounds would get my vote! What lies beneath the gopher mound???

Scott, I agree with Steve. With youtube, why don't you make a short "film" and post it... see what happens. ~ Steve

Steve
07-15-2009, 07:06 PM
Oh yea the shinning was crazy!

I was reading a book on Stephen King and it talked about how after his mom died, he took his family and moved out to Colorado for a while to get away from all the bad memories. While he was out there, he was writing. He had gone out, for a bit and when he came back, he found his son had drawn with crayon all over his manuscripts.

Stephen went crazy and wanted to put an axe through his sons head. But then he tried to compose himself. He thought how when he was younger, his mom taught him that if he had bad thoughts, to say them three times aloud and then they wouldnt happen. So instead of saying three times aloud, that he wanted to kill his son, he wrote a story about an author, isolated with his family in a wintry environment where he was trying to write a story.

This became The Shinning.

GopherHunting
07-15-2009, 07:39 PM
hey Steve,
Cool background story on the origins of the Shining.
My kids have "driven me crazy" at times, but I've never thought about pulling out an ax!
I find it's much safer to crack open a beer.

The gophers... now that's another story. They might inspire me to think of pulling out an ax...

~ Steve

CHEESE2009
07-15-2009, 10:41 PM
I have yet to see The Shining, though I am going to try now!

Maybe it's on youtube or alluc.org... hmmm

Steve
07-16-2009, 11:40 AM
Covers is a talking blanket who has an obsession with it's owner. It becomes an emotional wreck when the owner decides to have sleepovers with his friends. Cover's jealousy rises throughout the film, causing it to sneak around smothering & killing everyone who has taken it's owner away for the few nights, when all it wanted was a good cuddle time. When he's finally had enough heartache, he goes out to cuddle the owner, permanently!

This would be a great one to make!

kdexpd
07-17-2009, 09:35 PM
I'm a horror movie NUT! That's all I'll watch. For some reason they're the only movies that entertain me....ya, ya I know...I'm a freak..so what. The ones I've seen lately that have been good are The Unborn and Quarantine. I really liked the new House On Haunted Hill. The newer horror movies have all become nothing but CG and that really kills a movie. I wonder sometimes if directors have become lazy. What really makes a scary movie scary is thinking that something like that could really happen to you. I agree about the Transformers movie. I haven't seen it, but then again I'm not willing to waste my time. I've seen the previews and that's all I need. Not even close to realistic..what a shame! As far as the Michael Meyers movies, I loved em'. Freddy never really scared me too much, he's just too humerous. Now the Hell Raiser movies were pretty good. They really got in your head and messed with things. The Saw movies were ok I guess. They were just neat to try and figure out...not really all that scary. Now the Scary Movie collections were absolutely hillarious! If you're into scary movies you should go see those! The only key is you have to be into scary movies and have kept up with them or they won't make much sense. The new Haunting in Connecticut was a good one. I'd seen the original documentary on the Discovery channel.

As far as what I'm scared of today? I would definately have to say wasps and bees. I absolutely am terrified of them! If you wanna see a 6'4" 240lb grown man scream like a little girl...get me close to a wasp nest. I'm also not too fond of heights, however if I can make some money, I can make myself suffer through it. I used to be an exterminator before this and we had to get two honey bee hives out of squirrel boxes at the local college. My goofy butt had to climb a 30' wooden ladder in a stupid bee suit. The ladder was about to fall apart and I couldn't tell who was laughing harder at me...the college students down below or the bees up above. Needless to say, I finished the job and got my own laughs when I dropped the box full of bees from the top of the tree to the sidewalk below where all the students were gawking at me. HAHAHA! You should have seen them all run and scream!! LMAO!!

CHEESE2009
07-18-2009, 06:53 AM
Hahaha! Ya heights can be a pain. I'm allergic to bees, which ruins everything.

I guess we have the same views on movies. CGI can only go so far, I don't like animated characters.

I just woke up from a nightmare, turned on the computer at 6Am.

The nightmare was about Michael Meyers appearing at some sort of party I was at.. at a college? Though I have no idea why I was there, never applied to college before. Anyway it was a party full of beautiful woman & Michael Meyers appeared & some how I acted on his feelings & got to play as his friend, hoping he wouldn't cut me in half by saying the wrong thing.

The downfall was, I was stuck with him the entire dream. Too nervous to run away, knowing he'd catch up to me in no time. Having a conversation with a silent ton weighing serial killer, trying to make him believe that killing you wouldn't be any fun, sucks! LMAO

Though I LOVE nightmares, they actually give my dreams a story, a real adventure.

I can't believe I was having a nightmare about him, it's so random!!! Awesome stuff!

Oh, at one point I gave him a Breeze Lawn Service shirt, thinking a gift would ease our fake friendship. Eerie...

Steve
07-18-2009, 09:43 AM
I was just thinking of another scary movie I liked. I forgot the name but there was a woman who was searching for her daughter in an abandoned town. At times it would start to lightly snow and that was the ominous sign that bad things were about to happen and she needed to hide until they passed. I think there have been video games made with the same name as well. Does anyone know the name of it or know which one I am talking about?

kdexpd
07-18-2009, 01:30 PM
I believe that was Silent Hill. That was a good one too!

StartALawnCareBusiness
07-18-2009, 03:18 PM
Evil Dead is one of my all-time favs.

Don't Be Afraid of the Dark

Prince of Darkness (I like most early John Carpenter films)

If you want to follow a horror genre classic director, check out the indie films of a director named Andy Milligan. He's pretty much the inventor of early underground indie horror films. One of the first films I ever remember seeing was The Ghastly Ones.

Keith

CHEESE2009
07-19-2009, 03:18 AM
Silent Hill was pretty good!

I played most of the games, freaky stuff.

I also tried watching some "Hellraiser" & couldn't sit through it. It's so longggg.

I might try and watch "Pet Cemetery" or "Puppet Master" soon

I took a nap at 6:30pm & just woke up (3AM)

I had another nightmare, it was pretty awesome. Apparently if you sleep on your back you'll have a nightmare, I thought it was BS, but now it's quite true with me!

I had a nightmare that I was hiding from a giant spider, woke up to a text message from some random girl.

Check this out, can't wait!!!

<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/wVr8eLWuz8E&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/wVr8eLWuz8E&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>

Steve
07-19-2009, 08:43 PM
Prince of Darkness (I like most early John Carpenter films)

That was an AWESOME film! When the guy is getting the transmissions in his dream and there is that person standing in front of the church saying 'this is not a dream, this is a transmission sent to you from the future.' Oh that freaked me out so much!

silscapes
07-20-2009, 01:47 AM
I love horror movies!!!!

(Black & White)
- Creature from the black lagoon
- The Mummy
- Dracula
- Son of Frankenstein
- House on haunted hill
- Day the Earth stood still

(Color)
- Halloween
- Friday 13th
- The Shining
- Dracula
- Lost Boys

Steve
07-22-2009, 02:16 AM
What about "The Thing"?

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/FkNyC6MQMj0&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/FkNyC6MQMj0&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/TevQS4qgE_Q&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/TevQS4qgE_Q&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>