PDA

View Full Version : Vacation time!

majoe7
07-10-2009, 08:10 AM
Well my family and I are going one our yearly vacation. This year we are going to California for 10 days.

Thursday I had a crew of 3 and we finished up all the jobs. I told all my clients about my vacation and said, "see you in 2 weeks". I do this every year. My clients are very understanding and appreciate all that I do. I gave them all a contact number and an emergency # just in case. I told them to remeber the height of their lawn last year and how well it looked after I returned back to work. With all the rain we are having I told them to turn off their sprinkler systems till I get back. I had a funny client like Breeze has and she says to me, if I turn the system off how will it get water. I almost died laughing. I said I not sure, it has only been raining everyday for the past month, so I think it will be okay.

I boarding now, so I'll talk to you all later.

John

Steve
07-10-2009, 09:52 AM
LOL

Enjoy your vacation. I'd love to see some pics of the places you visited!

Little's
07-13-2009, 01:22 AM
What p[art of Ca. are you visiting?

majoe7
07-13-2009, 09:03 AM
We are in the San Diago area. Sunday we went to LA on a road trip. This week my son and I are golfing everyday. Our first stop today is at Torrey Pines. I am trying to attach some pics but I am having some trouble doing it with the I Phone. Maybe I can figure it out.
Off to put my name on the list so we can golf this afternoon. :)

John

Steve
07-13-2009, 10:22 AM
That sounds like a lot of fun.

CHEESE2009
07-13-2009, 02:40 PM
A vacation sounds great!

Lawn Service = Being out in the gorgeous sun, walking along poolsides, learning about wildlife... ... the worst vacation ever!!

I'm still debating if I should do snow removal this winter, or take a vacation. Maybe I'll go camping in late October...

You'll see me in the news, "Man lives in box in alleyway, torched a garbage can & roasted marshmallows" :)

I wonder what a cheap get away would be... I feel like renting a hotel 30 mins away, just to feel like I've left my boring life, ahaha! It's been YEARS since I've gone somewhere outside of Canada.

Maybe an affordable all inclusive cruise trip... I'll look into it.. sounds good.
I'll jump off the boat stealing a raft & become a pirate with a Breeze flag.

Arggg matieee!!

justin_time
07-13-2009, 02:57 PM
A vacation sounds great!

Lawn Service = Being out in the gorgeous sun, walking along poolsides, learning about wildlife... ... the worst vacation ever!!

I'm still debating if I should do snow removal this winter, or take a vacation. Maybe I'll go camping in late October...

You'll see me in the news, "Man lives in box in alleyway, torched a garbage can & roasted marshmallows" :)

I wonder what a cheap get away would be... I feel like renting a hotel 30 mins away, just to feel like I've left my boring life, ahaha! It's been YEARS since I've gone somewhere outside of Canada.

Maybe an affordable all inclusive cruise trip... I'll look into it.. sounds good.
I'll jump off the boat stealing a raft & become a pirate with a Breeze flag.

Arggg matieee!!

Should do road trip to Ontario :p

picframer
07-13-2009, 08:46 PM
Well John I hope you have an amazing time!!!!

I am taking a four day brake in three weeks to fly to Costa Rica with my daughter, she is going down as an exchange student and I want to check everything out and cisit a friend who runs an exotic wood plantation, should be a blast and man I need a brake!

majoe7
07-14-2009, 04:35 PM
Staying down here in Southern Cali. the only green grass I have seen is on the golf course. Most houses here have native plants and shrubs that surround their homes. Most LCO's I have seen are commerical doing maintance on building and office spaces. They do look great, but very small. I know that Cali. is in a water conservation state. But wow . Is Northern Cali. more green?
we are enjoying our stay here in this great state. I must say it is very clean everywhere we go.

John

Steve
07-14-2009, 06:14 PM
I am taking a four day brake in three weeks to fly to Costa Rica with my daughter, she is going down as an exchange student and I want to check everything out and cisit a friend who runs an exotic wood plantation, should be a blast and man I need a brake!

Andy,

How do you keep things running when you are gone?

picframer
07-14-2009, 09:08 PM
Andy,

How do you keep things running when you are gone?

That is a good question, Esther asked the same one this evening after we picked the tickets up anyhow the agent said it would be cheaper for us to fly out on a Friday (had planned Sunday) and for me to stay a week rather than 4 days, even staying at the resort with meals the net savings was almost $400.00 so that will pay for our outings.....we both love horse back riding.

Anyhow I will have to figure out how the company will run, I will probably shut the excavation down for the week and assign the crews to other jobs we have in the loop, of all the things we do excavation is the one where one can do serious damage in a heart beat, we have been fortunate and nothing has happened.

Anyhow I am going to Bahia del Sol, it's on the Pacific Coast, will be nice to have a break and enjoy the company of my daughter as her classes the first week are half days.

Steve
07-15-2009, 12:08 PM
Anyhow I will have to figure out how the company will run, I will probably shut the excavation down for the week and assign the crews to other jobs we have in the loop, of all the things we do excavation is the one where one can do serious damage in a heart beat, we have been fortunate and nothing has happened.

With all of your business experience, do you feel that a business should be able to continue to operate without the owner there? Or is this a matter of what size the business is before this question can be asked?

Anyhow I am going to Bahia del Sol, it's on the Pacific Coast, will be nice to have a break and enjoy the company of my daughter as her classes the first week are half days.

This sounds like it is going to be a lot of fun.

picframer
07-15-2009, 05:16 PM
With all of your business experience, do you feel that a business should be able to continue to operate without the owner there? Or is this a matter of what size the business is before this question can be asked?

This sounds like it is going to be a lot of fun.

A lawn care business should just carry on and in my case it will, the wood clearing and chipping staff can go on as can the pressure washing crew. I will only shut down the excavation crews as I would not enjoy my vacation knowing thta equipment is "out there", I won't have internet access while I am away, and there is a rick that something could go wrong or a client may want something, just easier to shut it down and give them some other work.

We have I massive garden to build, it's designed by a professional and ready to go, needs a little back hoe work which I will let them do but the rest is loader and manual labor, will take them at least two weeks to do.