PDA

View Full Version : Scene Green Lawn Care here

scenegreenlawncare
07-08-2009, 10:15 PM
Started my company 3 months ago in south Florida. I have 10 customers. I cut with a 52' Wright stand up which I purchased used w/600 hrs. I push a 21' Husqavarna, which I found in the trash on the side of the road, to mow inside places I can't get to with the big mower. The rest of my equipment is a hodge podge of stuff some new some used. I just yesterday finally finished becoming a legal operation. Insurance, licsense, tax id, bank account, S Corp(small business incorporation) It was tedious and confusing doing all of the legal stuff myself so I found a very resonably priced accountant to do the work for me. I do not spend money on advertising. I use the word of mouth technique. Before I went out on my own I was a crew foreman for 2 years. I am 34. Before finding this job I worked on fishing boats, a tug boat, a treasure boat, and a vegetable farm. I dropped out of the University of Miami in 1994. I love cutting grass. It is more peaceful and rewarding to me than any previous job. For fun I mess around in my yard. I start palms from seed and have a general green thumb. Sometimes I hang out with my wife. Thanks for all the good advice.
Kevin

arthur712
07-08-2009, 11:57 PM
Sometimes I hang out with my wife. Thanks for all the good advice.
Kevin

Welcome to the forum!

I love my wife too!! LOL

Steve
07-09-2009, 07:23 AM
Hi Kevin,

Welcome to our forum!

Can you tell us a little about why you decided to go with an s-corp business structure?

Do you have any advice for others reading this on how to go about doing that? Would you have done anything differently that would have made it easier for you to register your business?

Little's
07-09-2009, 09:39 PM
Tell us more about the treasure boat!

jds2381
07-13-2009, 07:11 PM

+1...........I may be moving to a coastline soon and would like to know. :)

scenegreenlawncare
07-17-2009, 07:13 PM
I was advised by my accountant my taxes would be easier to do. This is since my individual taxes can be combined with my business taxes. I really do not know if this is accurate but I do trust my accountant.
Working on a treasure boat sounds romantic and glorious. Fact of the matter is I was stuck on a boat with five othe dudes 30 miles offshore of Key West for a month at a time. I work hard spending up to 6 hours a day underwater "hunting treasure." I did find some coins on the Margarita and emeralds on the Atocha site. Unfortunately my pay did not do my finds justice. When I was not underwater there was plenty of boat maitenence to do. My equipment matinence today is enjoyable compared to sweating it ouut in an engine room. I got one weekend a month shoreleave in Key West and lets just say I spent all the my I thought I was saving by being stuck at sea. I did have one hell of a good time though.
Kevin
Scene Green Lawn Care

scenegreenlawncare
07-17-2009, 07:14 PM

I hope You receieve the info