PDA

View Full Version : mulch job pricing

gogreenlc
07-08-2009, 01:08 AM
I have 113 sqft of mulch to place in a flowerbed. It cost me $40.00 a yard for the mulch. How much should I charge for this service? Is there any type of pricing scale for this service? Someone please help!!!!!

Steve
07-08-2009, 05:49 AM
How will it be delivered? How will you get the mulch from where it is dropped off to the flower beds?

How long are you thinking this job will take?

turfmaster
07-08-2009, 08:30 AM
I have 113 sqft of mulch to place in a flowerbed. It cost me $40.00 a yard for the mulch. How much should I charge for this service? Is there any type of pricing scale for this service? Someone please help!!!!!

Is it a 113 sq ft area you are mulching?
Are you laying down weed barrier?
Are you edging the beds?
What kind of mulch are you using for $40.00/yard seems expensive.
Are you working alone or with a helper?
All these things effect the price of the job.

gogreenlc
07-09-2009, 03:12 AM
I will be delivering the mulch on the back of my trailer. They already have a plastic black boarder installled in the ground which is coming up in areas that they want me to put back down. Im not using any weed barrier and I am a one man crew. The mulch is red and it was too expensive. I think it might take me an hour to do because i have to spray the weeds that is already growing in the bed and clean it out. Then put some parts of the plastic barrier back in the ground...

Steve
07-09-2009, 07:54 AM
Oh when I first read your post, I thought you said 113 sq yds. LOL That's why I was asking a lot more questions. I thought this was going to be a HUGE job.

If you are thinking it will take about an hour, you could just go with your hourly labor rate and that should keep it easy enough.

I'd love to see some before and after pics of the area when you are done.

Keep us posted.

turfmaster
07-09-2009, 08:15 AM
I will be delivering the mulch on the back of my trailer. They already have a plastic black boarder installled in the ground which is coming up in areas that they want me to put back down. Im not using any weed barrier and I am a one man crew. The mulch is red and it was too expensive. I think it might take me an hour to do because i have to spray the weeds that is already growing in the bed and clean it out. Then put some parts of the plastic barrier back in the ground...

I would charge 1 hour of your hourly rate for the cleanup and border repair.
Charge them for the cost of the mulch and include a delivery fee of at least $25.00 because your bringing the mulch.
1 man show spreading the mulch I would charge no less than $40.00 per yard.

With a contractors discount I pay about $25.00 for premium dyed mulch per cubic yard. 1 guy working I charge $70.00/yard. 2 guys $90.00/yard now this includes the price of the mulch.

Hope that helps.