PDA

View Full Version : Finally Almost Ready!!

Scottler
07-06-2009, 06:51 PM
Well it's been a looong several weeks since my DBA was "official" and I've been waiting on my Sales Tax certificate from the Emperor...err...Empire State so I could do it all on the up and up. Finally I've received word today that my paperwork is "complete", and now I just need to get the paper in hand so I can officially launch! Score! (Side note for those of you in New York: When the state says "5 days" estimated turn around on the sales tax certificate, they're lying.)

In the mean time, I've been hard at work writing contracts and getting all of my paperwork and advertising stuff in order. I've more or less got my website built (thanks to the GopherHaul crew for some awesome templates), I just need to settle on a host and get 'er up there. I'm nerd-inclined, though, so that's pretty simple and quick for me.

I suppose I PROBABLY could have launched my advertising before now, but I didn't want to put myself in a situation where I'm having to tell someone "I'll do your lawn for $___ but I can't do it YET." I guess I'm a bit of a stickler for rules.

So anyway, Saratoga Lawn Company hasn't vanished before it ever began...we've just been waiting on the trusty government! Here we come!

VPC
07-06-2009, 07:45 PM
As for a host, I use sonlighthost.com

jds2381
07-13-2009, 08:24 PM
And I suggest "GoDaddy". Guess it's a personal preferance (however you spell it) though. Anything you need help with, let us know!

Scottler
07-14-2009, 08:04 AM
Yeah, I use GoDaddy for another domain I run (non-lawn related). I'm very lucky in that I have a good friend with server space, so I'll probably throw the lawn site up there, and just do as I did with the other site and get my domain through GoDaddy.

Thanks for the info guys!

StartALawnCareBusiness
07-14-2009, 11:47 AM
Since you operate multiple domains, search for a host that lets you serve multiple domains from a single account.

1&1 lets you host a couple of domains. Ritchie likes them.

HostGator.com allows for virtually unlimited domain hosting under a single account.

Steve
07-14-2009, 12:20 PM
What's next on your plan?