PDA

View Full Version : Dreams

swstout
07-02-2009, 11:04 PM
"A dream is just a dream. A goal is a dream with a plan and a deadline."

This is how Michael Broom a motivational speaker from South Carolina started his presentation at tonight's Chamber of Commerce dinner. Everyone on this forum has had the "dream" of starting their own business. How did you develop your plan? How did it change your outlook? What modification to your plan did you make? What modifications are you going to make? How are you planning to move from now to when? What is your when?
These are the points he addressed. What is your input to this?

It got me re-thinking and re-asking myself strategic planning questions.

Steve

Steve
07-03-2009, 04:29 AM
"A dream is just a dream. A goal is a dream with a plan and a deadline."

That is a very interesting quote. I think I had heard it before and I agree with it. It is a fascinating topic. How often do we go into a business as a way to explore and how often are we goal orientated?

Those that are goal orientated, in my view, tend to really get a lot more done. I will hear they want to do this or that and then I will hear they did it. While I know plenty of others who just want to feel things out here or there and see what lay ahead further down the road.

It does make you wonder if business can be different things for different people. Some find it a great way to achieve goals while others find it a great way to explore the world.

It got me re-thinking and re-asking myself strategic planning questions.

Do you find yourself to be more goal orientated or explorative? Did the speaker touch on this at all or no?