PDA

View Full Version : This may be a stupid question but..........

jasonw
07-01-2009, 12:28 PM
Ok please try not to laugh to much or think I am a retard "to much" but I was wandering should I be paying myself for my own yard care? I mean after all I am using my equipment and time and for sure it would help the bottom line while starting out. I am only going on my 2nd job and already showing a profit so its not like I need it but the extra cash for business expense would be nice. I am sure there are a lot of new people out there that have wandered this same thing.

jds2381
07-01-2009, 03:23 PM
Personally Jason, how I do it is I pay myself weekly regardless. I don't worry about paying myself for my own yard but I suppose you could figure it in. I write myself a check each Friday from my business account. Taxes will be easier this way and it keeps my business from suffering do to my PS3 game buying. :)

jasonw
07-01-2009, 11:17 PM
So the check you write yourself is for wages then?

jds2381
07-02-2009, 12:10 AM
So the check you write yourself is for wages then?

Yeah, Pay yourself say $500 bucks per week. That is your money. Don't dip into the business!

jasonw
07-02-2009, 12:56 AM
I don't make that much yet. I am not taking any wages until business takes off.

Steve
07-02-2009, 05:48 AM
I am only going on my 2nd job and already showing a profit so its not like I need it but the extra cash for business expense would be nice.

That is an interesting question. I would think off the top of my head, if it were just me doing it, I wouldn't bother.