PDA

View Full Version : husqvarna thoughts?

MikeO
07-01-2009, 12:34 AM
I bought this year's model trimmer brand new from a dealer and they start it and run it and inspect before it leaves the building. Told me bring it back after 10 hours of use to readjust the carb. I will hear it change he said. And i did brought it back used it maybe 15 hours if that and guess what it locked up on me after i shut it off. so i bring it back and we looked at it he took the plug off and looked at it and said well, you have enough oil so thats not the problem..been 3 days called back today and he told me he looked at the gas tank and said it looks lean. OK WTF. under warranty 2 years. this is going to be funny. Anybody have husqvarna products and have major problems or good results? please discuss. good or bad. thank you. the reason I ask is because im looking at a tractor thats 3200.00.

Little's
07-01-2009, 01:53 AM
Husqvarna is one of the best out there. Up there with Stihl, Tanaka, etc.

Have someone pull it apart and check the cylinder wall for scarring, that will tell you if was a too lean issue. Maybe take it to an non-Husq. dealer to inspect it. See what they say.

jds2381
07-01-2009, 04:31 AM
I am interested in hearing opinions too. I have thought about the husk. I have a few trimmers now but my favorite by far is an echo. The head is a bitch to get off but I'm 'fixin' (that's how we talk in the south lol) to get a new one.

Steve
07-01-2009, 04:36 AM
Keep us posted on what they figure out is wrong with it.

picframer
07-01-2009, 06:04 AM
Husky and Stihl have the chain saw market here hands down and I live in forestry country, it's our #1 employer in Natural Resources, their commercial grade equipment is top drawer.

While I do not run their gear my brother runs a logging company in another province and Husky is all he uses, it is very rare he has an issue, he must have 20 of their brush saws and they get used very, very hard.

To me this sounds like a dealer issue, and probably why I run Stihl as John Deere services them and the service I get from them is unmatched.

If you are looking at a tractor just be careful, it may have their name but not necessarily be to the standards we have come to expect, I know the big box here sells husky, it's their entry level stuff, John Deere does the same thing with the LA series at Home Depot, it has their name but.......it's simply entry level to compete.

SuperiorPower
07-01-2009, 07:09 AM
I literally do not have the time to explain the possible problem at the moment but there is something else that can happen that does not include the fuel/oil mix ratio.

Meanwhile, can you tell me or find out for me whether they meant that the fuel/oil mix ratio was too lean? Or was it the fuel/air ratio?

In my opinion this is very likely unrelated to the brand. More likely another issue. I personally suspect something that is a very much of an "unknown issue" among the public.

I have to agree tho, I would prefer an Echo over Husqvarna trimmer. Their says are pretty good and I would prefer them over Stihl (personally) but would go with Jonsered before Husqvarana (again, personally). My personal preference at the moment for trimmers and backpack blowers would be Redmax.

I'll be back, hopefully tonight, to answer your question in detail. Could please find out for me what the answers are to the "ratio" questions I asked above. The answer to those questions are rather important for diagnosis.

Good luck,
Eli

turfmaster
07-01-2009, 09:49 AM
I bought this year's model trimmer brand new from a dealer and they start it and run it and inspect before it leaves the building. Told me bring it back after 10 hours of use to readjust the carb. I will hear it change he said. And i did brought it back used it maybe 15 hours if that and guess what it locked up on me after i shut it off. so i bring it back and we looked at it he took the plug off and looked at it and said well, you have enough oil so thats not the problem..been 3 days called back today and he told me he looked at the gas tank and said it looks lean. OK WTF. under warranty 2 years. this is going to be funny. Anybody have husqvarna products and have major problems or good results? please discuss. good or bad. thank you. the reason I ask is because im looking at a tractor thats 3200.00.

I purchased a brand new Husky hedge trimmer this year . First day it was used we had problems with the cutting blades locking up. My Husgvarna dealer was of little value to me for this problem. I took it in to them twice for the same problem within a week. I primarily run Sthil hand helds and never
have any problems like that. My Sthil dealer ended up fixing my Husky . They said the problem was with the type of lock nuts Husky uses. The nuts were changed and I have not encountered that problem again.

I bought that trimmer because it was $120.00 cheaper than the Sthil and I couldn't find any bad reviews on it.

Moral to the story: "You get what you pay for"

Husqvarna commercial mowers are not very popular in my part of the country.
Make sure your not buying a Sears Craftsman for $3200.00 that says Husqvarna on it. Husky makes a lot of mowers, tillers etc. for Sears.

MikeO
07-01-2009, 04:53 PM
no home depot staright from the husq's themselves heres the link they sell it in there shop where i live.

http://www.husqvarna.com/us/landowner/products/garden-tractors/2748gls/

as for the other problem havent heard back yet.

SuperiorPower
07-01-2009, 07:07 PM
Make sure your not buying a Sears Craftsman for $3200.00 that says Husqvarna on it. Husky makes a lot of mowers, tillers etc. for Sears.

The problem is that Sears does not make their own mower either. I doubt that Husqvarna makes theirs. And they would NEVER tell you on their website if someone else manufacturers it for them. The majority of Craftsman mowers are manufactured by American Yard Products. If the Husqvarna looks just like the Craftsman, it is very likely they are from the same company, and no, not Sears, but AYP. Trust me, I know. I order AYP parts to repair the other brands manufactured by AYP.

The list is endless on who makes what mower. Some brands feature mowers from more than one different manufacturer. Look beyond the name on the sticker. Sometimes the different brands feature mowers by several different manufacturers (different models by different manufacturers).

Many times brands are manufactured the "lowest possible bidder" and that means that they are not made for the best possible features or best possible quality, but who can do it for the least amount of money...... That is why I don't look at the cheapest machine, I look for the best....

turfmaster
07-01-2009, 11:55 PM
no home depot staright from the husq's themselves heres the link they sell it in there shop where i live.

That is a good land owner/home owner garden tractor. I wouldn't waste my money on that for commercial work.

Way to slow!

picframer
07-05-2009, 09:42 PM

Mike, go over to the tractor forum and ask for feedback also, I see there are some issues with the transmissions however I am not sure what transmission this model that you are looking at has, the guys over there are Husky owners with a wealth of knowledge.

http://www.mytractorforum.com/showthread.php?t=84494