PDA

View Full Version : need help geting cvs/rite aid accounts

tuscangardens
06-29-2009, 09:40 AM
I live in an area surrounded with cvs, rite aids, blockbuster videos, etc.

Most of the propertys look bad.

What i need to know is how much do i charge for these accounts? i was at the stores, but they tell me they are handled by the corporate office. i can find the info for that, just not how much to charge, and the best way to approach them.

thanks for reading..

Thank you for reading

Paul

Steve
06-30-2009, 05:44 AM
Paul,

That is a great question, if you do a search on here for getting commercial jobs or even look at my blog on this topic here http://lawnchat.com/?cat=39

You will find a lot more info than I could remember at the moment.

But I would figure out what you need to do with the properties. What services you would offer. Don't forget to include things like cleaning the parking lot and grass of trash. Then add on the price it would cost you to mow the property and trim it.

Find their contact person and send them a picture of how badly the property is being maintained and tell them what you would do differently. Give them a bid on the property. Then follow up.

Let us know how it works out.

turfmaster
06-30-2009, 08:20 AM
I live in an area surrounded with cvs, rite aids, blockbuster videos, etc.

Most of the propertys look bad.

What i need to know is how much do i charge for these accounts? i was at the stores, but they tell me they are handled by the corporate office. i can find the info for that, just not how much to charge, and the best way to approach them.

thanks for reading..

Thank you for reading

Paul

Charge them your hourly rate that you would charge a residential job. Hopefully that is at least $50.00/hour.
Chances are your looking at next year because most chain type businesses are locked into a contract for this year with their current LCO.

Make sure you have at least a million dollar liability insurance policy in place.

Send them a letter asking to be on their bid list for property maintenance and make sure you follow up .