PDA

View Full Version : Mall Marketing / Advertising, What do you think?

majoe7
06-28-2009, 08:34 PM
I was in the mall just looking around with my son and came across this advertisement tool. It was a cut out of a man in a camouflage outfit with pictures attached to it at the bottom advertising for his Paintless Dent Removal Service. He had a business card holder attached to it and plenty of cards available for the taken. I thought about it for a while and said humm……… maybe I could contact the mall to see how much this space cost to rent and would it be worth it. I know several tenants who rent in this large mall and asked what they paid for their square foot or the total rent was. It varied from a kiosk $500 to a free standing pretzel shop $4k to a sizeable store for $8-9k monthly. I thought maybe this could be about 100 – 200 monthly. I was located in a great location, the entrance to the food court. Great visibility and location. I saw it and it stood out, I thought how well this could work for the Lawn Care Business. You would just have to go back to ensure that the cut out was in the right place, restock cards and look for wear and tear. I am calling on Monday to get info. If it seems right I may be interested. If I get enough calls maybe its time to go full time in the Lawn Care Business. You could make a cutout that stands out and put on it the services you offer and not just get stuck with the standard cut, trim, edge and blow. Your cards will have detailed info also.

What do you all think of this idea, good marketing tool or maybe a waste of time? I think for the right price it could be well worth it. I will try to get a picture of it and post it here.

Little's
06-29-2009, 01:49 AM
Sounds like it may be a new route to take for advertising, if the price is right. Other details such as the length of space lease they may want you to agree to etc. You might be on to something. I think with the right advertisement you could make it work, or fail if it doesnt appeal to people the way it should. But then it would probably be easy enough to change if that happens. let us know how it works out, and what you find out.

Steve
06-29-2009, 05:28 AM
John,

That is very interesting! Maybe you could contact that company and see if you could put a business card holder on their display too, to help offset their costs?

I know several tenants who rent in this large mall and asked what they paid for their square foot or the total rent was. It varied from a kiosk $500 to a free standing pretzel shop $4k to a sizeable store for $8-9k monthly.

Could you put cards on their store counters?