PDA

View Full Version : !!!!!Fed up!!!!!

CHEESE2009
06-28-2009, 05:23 PM
My stepfather goes to his house "up north" & cuts the grass there. He asks me to help him, but I refuse to use my equipment on that lawn, it's also 3 hours away just to get there. He says I could use his equipment, but I also refuse in using a mower that destroys the grass and causes a smoke bomb once you start it.

So he has hired me to cut his lawn in the city, that's great. The only problem is, & this is the second time he's done this. Is that he cut his own lawn with his equipment, & it's now destroyed... again.

The problem;

1. I have a BREEZE LAWN SERVICE sign on the property, & his work really lets people know NOT to hire my service.

2. I had just cut it on Monday, just because he came back from up north with the mower, doesn't mean he needs to continue using it!

With that said, I'm going to drop him as a client.

I stopped by, randomly with my equipment & surely enough, I HAD TO USE IT!

The grass was clumped all over, grass all over the driveway & street. What a f'ing mess!

Last time he asked me to re-mow the lawn just to make it look clean, this time I'm not touching it. My sign is coming off, & he's finished.

Any suggestions? This is embarrassing, people KNOW I cut the lawn & every time I mow it I get asked questions & receive compliments. NOW It's the opposite, people will think I have now idea what I'm doing.

My neighbor came out last time & asked, "What happened?" I told him, "My stepfather decided to do it, he decided having a nice lawn is overrated"

SuperiorPower
06-29-2009, 03:20 AM
My neighbor came out last time & asked, "What happened?" I told him, "My stepfather decided to do it, he decided having a nice lawn is overrated"

Love it! What a comment! What was his reaction? sometimes being honest and straight up is the best response.

Good luck with this,
Eli

Steve
06-29-2009, 06:36 AM
You know that is a very interesting situation that I don't think I have run into yet.

Here is a thought. If you want to have a sign in front of his house, I would just maintain the property for free. That way it will look good. You will have a foot hold to reach out to neighbors and you are doing a kind service for your step-dad. Then he won't be messing up the yard anymore.

What's your thoughts on that?

turfmaster
06-29-2009, 10:17 AM
You know that is a very interesting situation that I don't think I have run into yet.

Here is a thought. If you want to have a sign in front of his house, I would just maintain the property for free. That way it will look good. You will have a foot hold to reach out to neighbors and you are doing a kind service for your step-dad. Then he won't be messing up the yard anymore.

What's your thoughts on that?

Aside from getting into a family feud over all of this the quote above sounds like a good idea to me.

Maintain his property and use it as advertising for your work and you also will be your step dads hero. :D