PDA

View Full Version : Owner

Clinton Mizell
06-27-2009, 07:52 PM
Hello everyone,
My name is Clinton Mizell and my companies name is Mizell's Lawn Care Service out of North Charleston, SC. I just signed up with Gopher and also am taking the Lawn Business School course. I have been registered with the state of SC as an LLC since March of 2004. Our highest customer count was at 74 last year but the economy caused a decline of around 20 accounts and a loss of about $30,000.00 annual cash flow. This year 2009 we are at around 56 accounts with about 7 of those being commercial and the rest residential. It has been a difficult challenge to stay afloat due to debt increase last year with the lack of cash flow and slow growth. I refuse to lowball just to get work. I have high standards concerning quality of work. I'll even refuse to bid on an account if the potential customer says things like, "I'm not worried about you weedeating, or pruning or edging, just cut the grass and blow." Of course my response is always to the customer, "I have an image to uphold, you never know who may be watching you," That kind of work can cost you good customers, and anyway it is sloppy work, not professional. I would rather close the business than be a lowballer!

arthur712
06-27-2009, 09:55 PM
Hi Clinton, Welcome to the forum!

Thanx!
Artie

Steve
06-28-2009, 03:23 AM
Hi Clinton,

Welcome to our forum!

What kinds of things are you considering doing to offset loses brought on by the current economic situation?