PDA

View Full Version : My lawn care update

Jerry Marshall
06-27-2009, 12:46 PM
Me, my dad and brother started a lawn care business in Raleigh NC about 6 six weeks ago. We are up to 28 Customers right now and hoping to double that by the end of the season. All i have to say is pass out flyers we have passed out about 800 so far. We are planning on hitting the streets with more next week. We average about 3 to 4 calls a day. So bussiness is going well so far. Also we have a century 21 account which is growing by the day. The agents call all the time for cuts. So things are going well in NC. :)

Jerry Marshall

Steve
06-28-2009, 03:30 AM
Hi Jerry,

Welcome to our forum!

You are doing great so far! Do you attribute all of your customers to handing out flyers or have you done other things as well to attract them?

What percentage your customer base has come from people you already knew and just let them know you started a new business?

Also, how has it been working with family so far?

MikeO
06-28-2009, 05:55 AM
you said you handed out 800 flyers and have 28 customers so far. which is 9 accounts per person. Which is great! how long did it take you to pass out those 800 flyers and did you pay to have the flyers made or did you design those yourself?

Jerry Marshall
06-28-2009, 11:14 AM
The family deal is going well. We have always been very close. We only knew one of our clients when we started which was my aunt. We passed them out me,dad and skeet. We passed them out everyday when we had nothing to do. Also i build a website and advertised on yahoo.google,yellowpages,craigslist,a local newspaper and 4042.com. Which is all free by the way. The flyers we got off of this website. We also bought the gopher software which is the greatest thing we have done. But all of our bussiness has came from flyers. We make it a point to ask how they heard of us. Also one of our cleints is the HR manager for lowes home improvement. She is getting us all the info so we can bid on lowes which is a lot of stores in the RDU area. I think what is setting us apart from the other guys. Is our image. We are all ways nicely dressed with our company t-shirts and knikie pants NO SHIRT TAILS OUT. We have gotten all of our business card,post cards t-shirts, car signs and much more for free from Vistaprint.com. So in advertisment we have 0 dollars other then shipping. We clean our equipment every day. Plus raleigh nc is going like crazy still.

Jerry Marshall

Steve
06-29-2009, 05:51 AM
That is just fantastic!

How many customers would you like to get by what kind of time frame?

rider77
06-29-2009, 09:00 AM
Hi Jerry,
Sounds like you and your family members are doing great. I just recently started a lawn care business in Salem, VA Not to far from you guys. Working on establishing a larger customer base now. I was curious what information, or what the format is on your flyer that you have been handing out. If possible could you send me a copy of the flyer. Thank you. Take Care

Steve
S and S Lwn Care

Jerry Marshall
06-29-2009, 05:23 PM
Well Steve as far as customers go. We would like to have as many as possiable. As of today we are at 33 and counting. By the end of the season we would be happy with 75 or so.

Rider77 We got them off of this website it was the spring special one. 10 mow of the season free. Design It Yourself section i do believe.

Steve
06-30-2009, 03:19 AM
Jerry,

It will be neat to see how word of mouth helps you reach out to new customers. As you get more customers I am sure they are going to tell others.

Jerry Marshall
07-12-2009, 10:25 PM
We also just started fixing old mowers and other items. Today we made $560.00 selling items that were broken. That our customers have given us.

So it is going well still. We are know at 37 customers.

Steve
07-13-2009, 09:51 AM
We also just started fixing old mowers and other items. Today we made $560.00 selling items that were broken. That our customers have given us.

Do you think this could open the door to a new business venture? Mower repair?

Jerry Marshall
07-13-2009, 11:03 PM
Yes i really do think fixing mowers and such we be part of the business.