PDA

View Full Version : Hi all.

redcloud35
06-26-2009, 10:03 PM
I am fairly new to the Lawn Care Business, I just started my own company this year. Please be patient with me :D. I hope to make some friends here and learn from your experience. Thanks.

turfmaster
06-26-2009, 10:13 PM
I am fairly new to the Lawn Care Business, I just started my own company this year. Please be patient with me :D. I hope to make some friends here and learn from your experience. Thanks.

Welcome to the forum!! :)

Steve
06-26-2009, 10:23 PM
Welcome to our forum!

I love your business name!

What got you to start your business?

redcloud35
06-26-2009, 10:30 PM
For the last 20 years I've been someones boss, most of that time as a Plant Mgr. this year I had a long talk with my wife and decided to do something drastically different, so far so good.:D

Steve
06-26-2009, 10:37 PM
I think a lot of people find themselves in such a spot and never make the jump. What do you think got you to take that jump and what advice do you have for others who are considering it?

redcloud35
06-26-2009, 10:41 PM
I finally realized life is WAY to short to keep doing stuff you HATE.

Steve
06-26-2009, 11:06 PM
What things do you think others should keep in mind and be alert about if they do decide to go from a full time job to starting their own business?

Do certain issues stand out as being tougher than you initially thought or easier than you initially thought?

arthur712
06-27-2009, 10:49 PM
Welcome to the forum, I am glad to see you made the change.

I hope you do well!

Thanx!
Artie

redcloud35
06-28-2009, 12:31 AM
What things do you think others should keep in mind and be alert about if they do decide to go from a full time job to starting their own business?

Do certain issues stand out as being tougher than you initially thought or easier than you initially thought?

I would say that the toughest thing to me was just making the change, who wants to give up a "fairly" secure position knocking down six figures to go mow grass, LOL, however I have found out that I am EXTREMELY HAPPIER now and my mind is much more focused. I can also perform better doing the physical labor than I expected. Lets hope I'm singing this same tune a few years from now.:D

Steve
06-28-2009, 04:15 AM
I have found out that I am EXTREMELY HAPPIER now

What things about your new status do you feel have made you happier? Is it being your own boss? No longer working for another boss? What else?